Chapter Four

When I wake up in the morning, I'm more than happy to find Dinah still in bed next to me. I don't know, a part of me kind of expected her to sneak out in the middle of the night. I was afraid I'd wake up to an apology text and find an empty space next to me, even though she said she'd stay. And yet, here she is, cuddled up next to me, staring with bright eyes as if she were waiting for me to awaken. I smile sleepily when I see her and she smiles back at me, her eyes lighting up admirably.

"Good morning," She coos, burying her face into my chest.

"Good morning, to you," I say back before a drawn out yawn escapes my lips.

The position we've found ourselves in feels so natural, so right. I want to propose that we stay like this for the rest of the day, but I don't want to push my luck. Dinah probably has things to do, anyway. Instead of sulking in what cannot be, I decide to relish this moment, as it won't last much longer. We lay solemnly in each other's presence, thankfully, for what seems like hours.

Last night was incredible. We occupied the bathtub, sharing sweet kisses until the water became cool. Upon vacating it, Dinah couldn't keep her hands off of me.

From the moment our feet hit the dry tiled floor, she had her arms wrapped around my waist, kissing me with every opportunity she could. I, drowning in this state of perpetual euphoria, couldn't mask my grin and giggled for most of the night. I offered her pajamas to sleep, both of us still standing nude in the bathroom, and she objected at first. She said she preferred we stayed this way, in our natural forms. I, however, preferred to avoid any awkwardness the coming morning and insisted she borrow some of my clothes. She relented easily, following me into the bedroom where we changed. When we were finally in the appropriate attire, both of us sunk into my bed and burrowed under the covers. The sweetest thing happened then. She became noticeably nervous when she asked if we could cuddle. This only made me giggle in response, curling up into her warm body, undeterred. She stroked my back tenderly until we both drifted into sleep.

This morning, however, we woke up in opposing positions. She was cuddled into me and I didn't mind at all. I just loved being close to her. I boldly leaned down, tilting her chin up to me and planted a soft kiss on her lips. She looked surprised at first, her eyebrows creasing in confusion, but her features quickly softened when I did it again, lingering this time. When I pulled away smiling, she switched positions beside me so that she was now on her stomach, resting her weight on her elbows beneath her.

"When will I get to see you again?" She asks longingly.

"You're seeing me right now," I tease, turning on my side to face her.

She smiles, directing her attentions down to her hands. "You look beautiful in the morning," She shares diffidently.

"Just in the morning?" I play, raising my eyebrows questionably. I get her to laugh and am immediately in love with the sound.

"You look beautiful all of the time, but especially in the morning," She corrects, turning onto her back. She looks over to the clock on my bedside table and exhales heavily. "I have to be at the office in an hour," She complains, meeting my gaze.

I frown at the news. "I guess... We should probably get up and moving," I offer reluctantly.

She turns to me again, snuggling her body against mine and I let out a warm laugh. "Just a few more minutes," She whispers into my neck.

"Dinah..." I start hesitantly, not wanting to cross any invisible line that might be drawn. She hums in response, signaling me to continue. "What are your other clients like?" Just as it comes out, I regret asking. This isn't right. There's obviously some confidentiality agreement she is bound to. And it's none of my business, anyway. Still, I can't help but wonder what her job is like outside of helping me.