Epilogue

"Right here?" She pants, looking to me for confirmation.

I take in the beads of sweat on her forehead and the way her jaw clenches when she's exerting herself. I get to look at that every day now. I can't help but smile at the thought as she waits patiently for me to respond.

"Yeah," I say, gesturing to the spot she's waiting at, a foolish grin still plastered on my face. "Right there is fine."

She sets the love seat down in front of the imaginary television set and sinks into it, letting out a long and heavy breath. "Come here," She calls for me and I waste no time in plopping down on her lap. I kiss her affectionately on the cheek as her arms snake around my torso.

A sigh of contentment escapes my lips as I gaze out the window of our new home. You heard that right, our new home. It's only been a total of eight months since Dinah and I first met, but when she had timidly proposed moving in together, it was almost like I couldn't say 'Yes' fast enough. When we officially started dating, it only took another month for her to tell me she loved me and I said it back with no hesitation whatsoever.

For the first few months, I made a habit of staying over at her apartment, seeing how mine was always inhabited by my few friends. But really, I just liked her place so much better. It was so easy to feel comfortable there and we could finally be alone whenever we pleased without interruption. I think that was Dinah's favorite thing about staying at her place; we got to spend time together for as long as we wanted with no worries of keeping quiet or having other responsibilities to tend to.

But I didn't live there. That was the issue. Every morning after our nights of bliss, I would kiss her goodbye and drive back to my own apartment. She hated it when I would leave in the morning, sending me off with that same sad look on her face from every morning previous. It wasn't until last month that she finally decided something needed to change. I remember her pulling me back into bed and staring into my eyes with such love.

"Don't go," She pleaded, grazing my cheek with the pad of her thumb.

"Dinah... You know I have to," I explained again, taking her wrist in my hand and kissing the thumb that had just been on my face. "I'll be late for work if I don't leave now."

She seemed hesitant to continue on, but opened her mouth anyway, her eyes boring into mine. "Camila... I want to wake up to you everyday, but I don't want to do it like this."

"What do you mean?" I asked curiously, using my fingers to caress her hand that now laid on my face.

"I mean... When I wake up, I want you to be next to me... And I want us to wipe the sleep from each other's eyes and then shower together. I want to get dressed together and put on our makeup together... And I want to make breakfast for you... Every morning. And then, I want to kiss you goodbye and watch you walk out of here in your cute little uniform."

"Dinah, what are you-"

"Move in with me, Camila," She rushed out, her eyes expectant as she waited for my response.

In that moment, I was so in shock that she'd even asked, but without even thinking about it, I said, "Yes..."

"Really? That quickly?" She assured, a grin stuck on her face.

"Yes!" I smashed my lips into hers and she chuckled into the kiss, wrapping her arms around me and pulling me on top of her. When I reluctantly pried my lips from hers, I hushed my tone, staring intently into her eyes. "I love you, Dinah."

And here we are now, unpacking the U-Haul truck outside in the driveway. I feel her breath slowing as she relaxes her body and the beat of her heart against my back also calming it's pace. I turn slightly until I'm able to snake my arms around her neck and kiss her sweetly. She easily reciprocates until our lips move in perfect rhythm. We have a truck full of furniture to move in but I can't think about moving from this spot. She seem reluctant to move as well and I take the opportunity of down time to adjust on her lap so I am straddling her hips, our lips never disconnecting.