Jean

I grabbed my bag frantically searching for my phone as it blares out a Paramore song indicating that someone is calling.

"Hello?" I opened my flip phone to accept the call. For a moment I couldn't hear anything,"Hello?" I asked again then looked at my phone to see if they hung up but I saw that it was just upside down."OOPS!, sorry." I said again after getting my phone upright.

"You flipped your phone upside down again didn't you?" Jella, my best friend, said it in a knowing manner.

"Yeah. I know, I gotta stop doing that." I laughed at my self. "So how is the bookstore coming along?" 

"Oh, it's going fabulous, you know lots of books... Anyway, how about you?" Jella's quick to change the topic that for a moment I got confused. "So.. how was it?" she asked again as if it was the most obvious question in the whole world.

"How was what?" I really had NO clue what she was talking about.

"Your application for Jacque's Fashion Firm?" She sighed.

"Oh that.. well let's just say i'm on my way to my 5th interview today." I sighed as I grabbed the rejection letter J'sFF sent me two days ago, from the counter.

"Don't worry they're not the only firms out there, besides you've just graduated." Jella's encouragement makes me feel a whole lot better.

"Thanks Jellie." I smiled.

"No biggie... Hey! gotta go some kid is ripping off a page from a book!" and just like that she hung up.

I put my phone back in my bag and I threw away the rejection letter, my heart filling up with hopelessness. 'Oh well, there is no point in sulking Jean! You've got an interview today. Yeah today is gonna be your day!' I cheered my self up before leaving my apartment and took my sketch book with me. 'I might as well, just in case they ask to see my other works.' I shrugged to my self as I walked out of my apartment building.

As I waited for a taxi the sky darkened as a cloud passed by the sun and there as I looked, coming towards the sun, a rain cloud is looming over half of the city.

**********************************

I should have taken it a little easy on the enthusiasm as a flood of disappointment washed over me.

"Rejected again." I sighed in defeat as I walked out of Joan and Mhyre's. 'Am I cursed to live a jobless life?' I thought as I walked to the nearest park.

I sat on one of the park benches and started to do some sketching to take my mind out of my job hunt fail. I got so caught up in my work that I only stopped when a drop of rain hit the paper and I had no time to pack my stuff in my bag when the rain poured and in a few seconds my sketch book is all wet. I ran to the nearest gazebo to wait out the rain, but even though it never went out, the rain slowed to a trickle and I decided that I can just walk through it.

I aimlessly wandered the streets thinking only of my bad luck, when suddenly rain poured down on me from the grey sky above, yet again. I frantically looked for my umbrella but I just remembered I left it at home and so feeling even more depressed I walked on with no destination in mind.

The rain seemed endless and my vision is blurred by the furious pouring of the rain and when you think things couldn't get worst a bus passes by me showering me with dirty water. Why can't I just disappear? The thought brought tears in my eyes and before I knew it I was crying. I could feel it the pitiful looks, the mocking, and the whispers of people passing by.

"Are you alright miss?" a stranger asked shielding me from the rain with his umbrella.

"It's none of your business..." I said as I walked away from him as fast as I can not even bothering to look at him.

I walked for a while and when I thought I lost him.

"Hey! you know your gonna get sick if you keep walking with the weather like this." he said it as if we were the best of friends.

"Here's the thing I don't know you!!!" I stepped away from him yet again.

"Ouch! you sure you don't know me?" he faked a hurt voice still following me.

"Positive." I walked a little faster and decided to just get away from this creep by getting a cab.

"Really? After all we've been through you don't know me?" he said grabbing my arm as I tried to call a cab.

"Hey get off me!!!!" I pulled my arm away from him.

"Ok fine, but just look at me." There seemed to be a tone of desperation in his voice. I hesitated, but looked at him none the less just to get rid of him.

I could say I just walked away but curiosity won over as I looked at the annoying stranger. At first I couldn't recognized him because of the rain but as I stepped under his umbrella to look closer I realized that I shouldn't have. It was unreal, I know I've never met him before, that is in real life, but I know who he is and that's what bothered me the most is that I have memorized every thing about him, because I draw him all the time.

"So, do you remember me?" he asked giving me that  smile of his.

I stood there frozen unable to speak. This can't be real. I felt like the world is spinning and I felt light headed.

"Are you alright?" his smile faded and he looked at me with worried eyes.

"You c-can't.. be.. r-real.." that's all I managed to say and everything went black.