Auburn

I had a bad day. No, it wasn't because I was experiencing bad luck or having a bad hair day. I was just upset, that's all. Ok, maybe more like angry. Not at any one, but with my self. I just feel so useless after today, like I can't do any thing right. I feel like total schist!!! But I know I have to relax and just calm down, if I don't I'd break the dishes my mom commanded me to wash.

"He's just being a big know it all. Don't worry your self about it. Things happen for a reason." I said to myself with no effect at all whatsoever.

"What happen?" I jumped at the voice that suddenly disturbed my silence.

"F**K!!! ALEX!!!" I almost dropped the plate I was holding.

Alex laughed as I gave a look that I hope would melt his face off, but of course he just keeps on laughing.

"What are you doing here, Alexander?" I grumbled.

"I asked you first. So, answer my question first." He smirked running his hand through his blond hair. "What did happen?"

"Nothing." I whispered as I finished off the last plate.

"Aw.. come on. You can tell me." He leaned on the counter and looked at me straight in the eyes.

I try to avert my gaze, but I found myself not being capable of doing it. 'His eyes are like many different colors dancing in an endless tune, it's so enchanting how his eyes seem to change color.' I felt my cheeks getting warm and I imediatly forced my eyes to look away from his.

"Well.. today Vian called me to the Keeper's Office to check on the computers, because apparently some Keepers can't save the data they've collected. I've tried to troubleshoot the data, nothing, then I went to look at the hard drive if it's full and checked everything that I can, but still nothing." I've started ranting about what happened. "So I went in to the AMS check the main system, but, mister-know-it-all, Joey said that he had just checked it moments ago and that the main system was fine. But of course I wanted to make sure nothing was wrong, so I told him if he wasn't comfortable with me handling the problem then maybe he would want Leo to look at it. That's when he exploded and started saying that I doubt his skills in making and maintaining the Archive system, and that some daughter of Hephaestus would come walking in his department telling him that something went wrong with what he made, when all the things he does is perfect. He even questioned my purpose of being there, that if I was really just going to check the system and not hack it. And when I said that I would not do such a thing he..." I stopped and stared at Alex , who is now trying to balance a pen on his nose.

"Never mind." I sighed left him in the kitchen and went straight to the living room couch to die. Ok maybe dying is over exaggerating, but probably I just want to disappear for a while.

"Aw.. sorry Auburn." I hear Alex walking over to me and sat himself next to me.

I looked over and found him giving me puppy dog eyes and I laughed at his childishness.

"You're so weird." I chuckled as I avoid my gaze from his multi colored eyes.

"I really am sorry. Look was listening, honest. So you could tell me what happen and I will be laser focus this time." He was looking at me so intently to prove his point. I couldn't help but laugh.

"It doesn't matter." I brushed the subject off, so as to get it off my mind and changed the subject. "What are doing here anyway?"

"Oh.. Well.." He must have realized that I don't want to talk about it anymore and he replied. "I came here, 'cuz I hear the new girl arrived and that Jason hit another girl with his bat so she was also taken here to avoid any trouble with the law in their realm!" Alex was so excited that he ended up shouting the last word.

"Really? How did Leo get the girl to believe him about our world this fast?" I was shocked, no one has ever really convinced any new comer that the Archive exist in such a short amount of time. " He's only left just this morning to pick her up right?"

"Yup. I was surprised myself,but I was even more surprised when Steven, Jena, Jason and Annabeth came back with an unconscious girl with them." Alex laughed. "You should've seen how furious Annabeth was at Jason! He looked like all the blood in his body was drained when he was carrying the girl to the infirmary and to make him even more nevous, Annabeth called Vian!"

"Well I don't blame him. I mean, you know Annabeth, she can kill with just a look. Then you add Vian to the scene." I feel bad for Jason.

"I know. I hope he already wrote his last will. That's the 4th time he caused trouble just this week." Alex was smirking that it didn't match what he just said.

I sighed. "Is that all you came here for?"

"Yup. Pretty much that's all." He said taking one of the couch pillow and turning it over and over in his hands as if inspecting it.

I stared at him. I know that's not the only reason, so I decided just to go with his mood. "Wanna go see the new girls?" I asked, even though I already know the answer.

"Really!?.. I mean. Yeah. Sure, if you want." Alex was trying to hide his excitement, but the colors of his eyes were dancing with glee as it changed from different colors.

I stood up and he followed me at my mom's bedroom door.

"Mom! Alex and I are going to the infirmary!" I knocked at the door.

"What? Did you hurt yourself?" My mom came busting out of her room. Her red hair was tied in a bun that had now sagged and made her hair stick out in weird ways, and a look of worry in her eyes.

"What? No. I'm fine." I explained.

"Well, then did you accidentally burn Alex again?" she looked at Alex.

"Thanks for the concern Ms. Watson, but I'm fine. Thankfully your daughter hasn't caught fire yet." He smiled at my mom to reassure her.

"Yeah. We're just gonna see the girl Jason hit with a bat. Then meet the new girl." I said to not worry her.

"Ok." My mom looked relieved. "But remember we are going back to our realm later this evening, so be back before seven." she reminded me as we got to the door.

"Yes mom." I nodded and we headed out the door.