Chapter 1

Pain.

The only thing that flows in my bloodstream is pain.

My heart breaks to its pieces, but I don't intend to claim it.

Everyone has a person in life that means more than life itself. You cannot imagine a day without them.

Those people are your rock, and it pains me to think someday they might leave you.

And when they do, the only thing left is solitude.

My father was my rock. He was kind, loving, and understanding — everything a daughter needs in a father.

I have always had a better relationship with my dad than my mom. Contrary to my dad, my mom has always been distant and cold.

That's why I always went to my dad whenever I fell off my bicycle.

He would not only soothe the pain but make me feel safe. Now, there is no one to soothe my pain or make me safe.

Solitude.

That's the reason why I didn't cry at the funeral. Because no one would wipe my tears and tell me, 'Everything is going to be okay.'

The only person who would do that is buried in the deep ground.

Everyone left the cemetery except my Uncle Juan and me, while I kept looking at my father's grave with teary eyes but did not let them fall.

I feel a hand on my shoulder before tilting my head to see the intruder, Uncle Juan. He looked at me sympathetically as if he knew what I was going through.

He doesn't.

I glanced at my father's grave before turning to my uncle with an indifferent facade. ''I want him dead.'' I sneered before turning around and walking away from the cemetery.

A few days ago...

''Alright, Alessia, your turn," Nikki smirks before spinning the bottle.

"Truth or dare?''

''The truth,'' I smirked back, not falling into her trap to get me to kiss Harry or Nessa.

''Well... How many guys or girls have you had sex with?'' She smirked again, making me roll my eyes at her question.

So fucking childish.

Nikki is of my best friends, but she can be a total bitch when she needs to be. And I love her for it.

"Well, are you going to answer or what?" Harry asks with a slight smirk as he waits for my response.

The situation with Harry is complicated. He has been on my tail since we met at a party last year. He keeps pushing no matter how often I say I am not interested.

It's my fault, though.

Fucking him was not a good idea.

But who can blame me? I was hot and bothered, not to mention the alcohol in my system, and Harry was... there.

A woman has her needs.

I take a sip from my beer before answering. "Do I look like a woman who counts and writes in her diary every time she has sex?" I rolled my eyes before spinning the bottle.

"So, it's a lot." Harry looks at me with a hint of frustration and jealousy.

I approach Harry while fluttering my eyelashes. "It is more than a lot," I whisper seductively before leaning back in my seat.