What's wrong with him?

They where at the docs when it happened. Simon, Izzy, Clary, Jace, Alec, Magnus, Luke, the whole gang. They where talking, laughing at something Jace had said. But not Simon.

Simon couldn't hear anything over the buzzing in his ears, the sunlight blinding even as it set. The only thing he could hear was the sound of everyone's hearts beating. The slow offbeat thud that signified blood passing though their veins, circulating through their bodies.

Blood. The thought sent a pang of hunger through him. Everyone around him smelt so good, even the werewolf. Maybe one of them wouldn't mind if he just took one small bite...

"Simon!" Clary called, her voice shattering his reverie. "Hello? Earth to Simon!"

He tried to answer, but the words just wouldn't come, and his gaze stayed frozen on the pulse point in her neck.

"Simon?" Isabelle called, her words a mix of worry and fear. "Simon, are you okay? You're starting to scare me."

Simmons gaze turned from his best friend to her girlfriend, and he gave a slight smile, his fangs sliding out.

She gave a shocked gasp, her face contorting into a mask of horror. Her big brother Alec reaching a protective arm in front of her, breathing out a low "Watch it vampire."

Magnus, knowing full well what was happening, locked eyes with the vampire and called out:

"Clary, sweety, why don't you come on over here. Slowly."

"Why? Magnus, what's happening? What's wrong with Simon?"

"Is fine biscuit. Just come on over this way."

"What's wrong with him? Will he be ok?"

"Clary, now! And bring the blonde one."

She reluctantly obeyed, grabbing Jace by the hand and edging carefully around Simon.

Once they where all close enough around Magnus, the warlock put up a protective dome around all of them.

"Magnus, what's happening?" Questioned Jace.

"Questions later, Blondie." Came Magnus' response. "For now, Alexander I need you to pull out my phone, it's in my back pocket, and call Raphael."

About a minute passed before you could hear the grumpy voice of the New York vampire clan leader on speaker phone.

"What do you want? It's early."

"Raph, we're at the docs. Come quick. It's about Samantha."

"I'm on my way."

Alec hung up and shoved the phone into his sweater pocket.

"Now tell us, what's wrong with Simon?"

As if on queue, the vampire stood and walked over to the glowing blue bubble that was separating him from his friends, never breaking eye contact with magnus
He pressed his hands up against it, testing is strength, and up close everyone could see that his skin had gone impossibly paler; his fangs, pointed and gleaming, stuck out over his chapped red lips; and his eyes had gone black, the pupil swallowing the chocolate brown irises. Altogether, it was terrifying.

Surprisingly, it was Luke that answered Alec's question. His answer was simple, one short word. But that one word made every one of them gasp and cast fearful glances at each other and Simon. "Bloodlust." was all he said.