19: Private Party

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

POV: Mckenzie

"Let's just tell our moms Grayson, you, and I are going to sleep over by his house because we have a project or something," Dylan said in the parking lot.

"And tell Graysons mom what? We slept in the backyard? They're friends so that story won't work," I said. "Look, I'm just going to tell her I'm sleeping over by Michelle's for a project we all have.  Then you and Grayson could say your sleeping over by Joshs and it'll be fine." 

"That could work too," Dylan agreed.

"Come Sunshine, lets go to my house and get some clothes so it could be believable. We don't want to stay up too late working on our project," I said getting into my car while Michelle got into the passenger seat. 

"I can't believe Lexi said that," Michelle said as I pulled out of the schools parking lot.

"Me either," I admitted. "Can I say, I'm a little happy she asked?"

"Me too, I always wanted to have just one big group of friends that I could look back and say I've grown with together."

"Damn Chica you're thinking way too far into the future. Big groups don't usually last, it's too many personalities, and a lot of attitudes."

"Yeah but if we all committed to it, why couldn't it work?"

"Why would we want to commit ourselves into doing something like that?"

"Because we need people!" She exclaimed. 

🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹

POV: Grayson

"Can I sleep over by Josh's tonight?" I asked my mom.

"Josh you got into a fight with Josh?" She asked.

"He's my teammate, and guys don't usually stay mad at things for as long as females do. We fight it out and move one."

"For that science project?" She asked.

"No, for the math one," I said correcting her. Our mothers talked, constantly, so Mckenzie had thought ahead to make sure we were all on the same page.

"Oh, right, well make sure you be respectful and don't eat all Josh's mom food."

"You know me so well," I said leaving. 

I can believe I'm going to Lexi's house, even more the people who will be there. I went up stairs and threw some clothes into my bag, and headed down the stairs.

"Where do you think you're going?" my father said stopping me from going through the door.

"To Josh's house to do a project," I responded.

"No you're not, you don't think I know you've been having trouble with the team?" he yelled.

"This is about football?" I questioned.

"Of course this is about football. You need to keep your men in shape or else you won't win the championship and you definitely won't be captain anymore! I was the captain at my school, your brother was the captain at that school, you better don't let our family down."

"Speaking of family, I forgot I even had a brother."

"What'd you say?" he yelled louder.

"Okay! That's enough!" my mother said bring the room to silence. "Grayson go do your project," she dismissed me.