The stupid Lola thing.

t/w: suicide

So, I just heard about this, mainly because sunrisetyler posted a chapter about it.

Someone in the clique named Lola apparently killed themselves. It became a big deal and there were hashtags around her. People even wanted Tyler to dedicate Trees to her, as it was her favourite song.

It took a real hit to the clique.

It was a thing that brought the group closer together, but then, people found out it was a joke.

She faked it.

"Lola" didn't even exist.

Someone created this person to fake a suicide and trigger people for no reason.

I can't even imagine how Tyler and Josh feel. They don't deserve to be tricked like that, to think that they couldn't save someone.

This is disgusting.

I don't know how to properly react to this, I'm pretty upset. It's really disappointing that someone could be so careless and crave attention so much that they would willingly hurt other people just for a moment of fame or whatever.

Lola's suicide was fake. Lola isn't real it and it was just a fan who wanted attention and I am very, very disappointed.

However.

Yes, the whole situation was made up. But does not change what kind things people said about it and the support the community was giving to Lola's "family".

This is such an insulting and terrible thing to lie about in a community that is so often touched by things like suicide, depression, etc.

But the support and love shown by the clique to this person that no one even personally knew (because she apparently never existed) speaks volumes about what's at the core of this fan base.

The clique can be super bratty and petty sometimes, but we all come together when necessary.

And that's what I love about this.

It's a really ugly event, yet it's nice to know you have people behind your back no matter who you are.

Stay safe, stay alive.