Scarred Queen

"Ow."

"Sorry."

"Ow."

"Sorry."

"OW!"

"SORRY!" Deathbringer apologized again, his talons fumbling with the bandage.

"You know you are terrible at this right?" Glory growled as the NightWing attempted to bandage the base of her wing.

"Yeah, yeah I said I was sorry." Glory snorted at him, her scales dappled a curious yellow and red mixture, since she was both mad and
amused at his fumbling.

"Did you really think scaring me while flying was a good idea?" She asked him. They were both in the healer's hut, and it was almost sun time for the tribe.

"I thought it would be funny!" Deathbringer defended himself.

"Well news flash: it wasn't." The queen snapped.

"Okay, okay I said I was....." The NightWing's voice died in his throat.

"What is it?" Glory asked, craning her neck to see what was wrong. Deathbringer's talons were trailing over several faint white lines, hidden under her wing.

Scar tissue.

"Who did this to you?" Deathbringer whispered, his voice thick with quiet fury. Glory was surprised at his tone. She had never heard him sound so angry. She flinched a bit at his touch as his talons gingerly brushed the old claw marks.

"When I lived under the mountain, the guardians weren't always thrilled with me being a, well you know..." She trailed off quietly. Deathbringer raised his head, and his silver eyes were filled with more emotion than Glory could ever imagine. He gripped her talon tightly in his.

"They might have looked at you and saw nothing. But what I see, is a queen." He whispered. He bowed his head low and touched the tip of his snout to her talon, like a true gentleman.

Glory was speechless. A embarrassed pink blossomed onto every one of her scales, so that she almost looked like her ridiculous brother. Deathbringer brought his head up and grinned at her shyly.

"You look good in pink." He commented. She snapped out of her trance and pulled her talon away, her scales shutting down to match the silver of his eyes. He picked up the leafy bandage, still smiling.

"Should I continue?" He asked. She wordlessly spread her wing out and he kept on trying to bandage the bruise, while Glory made a mental note to try to turn pink more often.