Hide n' Seek || Two

Glory, queen of the Rainwings and Nightwings and Dragonet of Destiny was bored out of her mind. She was changing her scales to different colors, first to a bright shade of pink, to a calming shade of blue, then a light turquoise color. All to entertain herself. Glory was listening to all the Nightwing's requests. Glory divided the week, so Rainwings and Nightwings can do requests on separate days. Two days every week for both tribes. If there was a lot of requests, than there would be one more day with a combination of both tribes. And that was quite often. So Glory usually had two days off.

Finally, there was only one dragon left. " Thank my scales. I thought I was going to scream. " she thought. The last Nightwing in the line was one named Shadow. Glory thought the name fit him because his name is mysterious, and scary. His scales were so dark that he could vanish in a shadow and was silent as a ghost. He was all these things. Shadow was asking if he could be an assassin.

"Just like Deathbringer" she thought. She started thinking of the "best" and kinda- no actually really handsome and cute assassin. He was assisting that he would be her bodyguard. Glory snorted at the thought. Glory was sure that he knew that she could protect herself. She often wondered if he only did it to annoy her or some other reason. Anyways, one time she tried to prove that she didn't need a bodyguard, so they had a test. Glory would hide and Deathbringer would try to find her and if he did, they would fight till one surrendered. If the Nightwing couldn't find her by sun down, she wouldn't need a bodyguard.

Shadow's talking brought her out of her thoughts. "So, your majesty, may I train with the best assassin in the Nightwing Kingdom?" She pondered this request and decided a reply.

"Of course, but you need to ask the best assassin first."

"Actually, my queen, can you ask him?" She gave him a questioning look and replied.

"Okay, but why can't you?"

"I tried, but he doesn't visit the village." Shadow saw the look she gave him and continued. "Your bodyguard, Deathbringer." She blinked, she didn't know the Nightwings thought he was the best assassin. She nodded anyways, she also knew Deathbringer never visits the village often, only when he was being her bodyguard when she strolled through the Nightwing Village. He didn't visit because he was friends with her, and Nightwings thought that was horrible because they may become more then friends and mate. Though she never would admit it, she wished that they would be more then friends.

Anyways, "I will ask him when returns from the meeting." She was referring to the meeting with all the tribe's queens. She couldn't go because she had to stay or the Nightwings might try to take over the rainforest, so Deathbringer vollentered. She knew it would probably be awkward for him, since he would be the only boy. She also didn't know why he would make such a idiotic mistake. Anyways, Shadow nodded and did a low bow, and then left.

She left and went to her house. It was near the built right next to the highest platform, where she listened to all dragon's requests. (I don't know what the building is called, please tell me in the comments.) She descended onto the platform and entered her house. It was the biggest out of all the houses, of course, since she is queen. She began thinking of the memory when she and Deathbringer had a test.

Flashback

"I don't need a bodyguard for the millionth time!" Glory exclaimed and violently lashing her tail around and baring her fangs. Glory knew she was a bright shade of red with dark red stripes.

"You need somebody to watch and protect you!" Deathbringer yelled back. Glory rolled her eyes and glared at him. Deathbringer was just digging a deeper grave. Glory took a deeeeeeeep breath. The Rainwing calmed herself to a nice calming sea blue.

"Let's try to make a calm and nice agreement." Deathbringer nodded in agreement. There was a moment of silence, and then Deathbringer blurted out, " I will be your bodyguard, no matter what you say." Glory sighed because she knew this argument was going to last hours, days, weeks, and maybe months!

"Let's have a competition." Glory suggested. Deathbringer nodded in agreement. "I'll hide, you seek, and if you find me, we must fight till one surrenders. If you can't find me before sundown, I win." Deathbringer agreed to the conditions and closed his eyes facing a tree and counted to twenty. The dragonet of Destiny spread her wings and soared up and above the clearing, the clearing where she practiced for her chance to be queen, also where she and Deathy were arguing.

She flew north and stopped at HUGE tree. She flew to a long branch and stood against the trunk, she changed colors and waited patiently.

Deathbringer's POV part of flashback

Glory was being frustrating. I knew she could protect herself, but I want to protect her! From doing crazy things like when she used herself as bait. What was Glory thinking! She got captured, luckily Clay, the Mudwing got worried and asked me if I knew anything, he untied and snout and I explained everything. We went after her.

I finally counted to twenty, and flew north because I heard the Rainwing fly that way. I kept flying and I decided to take a break at a HUGE tree. I looked at my surrounding and I had a feeling that someone was behind me. I quickly looked behind, but nobody was there. I decided to trust my instincts and felt the trunk.

I felt a wing and smirked and said " I found you Glory." The trunk suddenly opened it's eyes and Glory attacked me. I quickly pined her down.

" I think I win." I said smugly. Glory growled at me. Did I mention she looks very pretty when she looks angry.

" I don't need a bodyguard."

"But I won, so i am your bodyguard." She stopped struggling and gave up because she couldn't get him off her.,

"Ok, let me go." I got up and we flew back to the Rainwing village.

End of flashback

Glory finished the flashback when she heard wing beats behind her. "Your back." She said without looking.

"You missed me?" Deathbringer teased. She rolled her eyes.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked.

"The competition." Glory replied.

"Ah, the time when I beat you." He said proudly. Glory wacked him with her tail. Hard.

"OWWWWWWWWW!" He screamed. The Dragonet of Destiny smirked and teased,

"You can't handle a little tail wack, Deathy, the greatest assassin in the world."

"You think I am the greatest assassin in the world?" He ignored the nickname Deathy part.

"The Nightwings do, that reminds me, a Nightwing named Shadow wants you to train him." She said. Deathbringer nodded.

"Why do you want to be my bodyguard and why did you volenter?" She asked. Deathbringer got all nervous. He mumbled something.

"What? Don't mumble." She ordered.

"Because I may like you more than a friend." He said nervously.

"Are you acting nervous, don't assassins have nerves of steel?"

"I don't when it comes to you." Glory blushed and turned a rosy pink. He just admitted that he likes her.

"Well, I like you more than a friend." She admitted too. Deathbringer smirked.

"Oh, really." He intwined his tails with her's.

"Can you watch me teach?" She smiled and agreed. They stretched their wings and flew to Shadow's house