KILLING ME SOFTLY - Teenage Assassin - Chapter 6

CHAPTER 6:

GABRIEL'S POV:

As we are walking throughout the house and grounds, I notice that Anna is really interested in the, "Jeez, you look like you are interested in buying the place."

She looks at me, with a blank look on her face, "No . . . but, my parents are in the market. It'd be useful to give them some input on what I think about the style of Miami homes."

Yeah, that's right. Her parents are house hunting. I grab her hand, "Dinner's probably ready."

"So, how'd it go with Max?" she asks.

I cringe, thinking back on my earlier conversation by the pool with Max. He told me that I couldn't keep walking all over him and expect him to just forgive me. He asked me again to let him have Anna, since he wanted her for more than a fling. I told him that she wasn't just a fling to me either. He didn't believe me when I told him that from the moment I saw her at the club, I haven't been able to think of anything but her. He asked if I even cared how he felt about her. I told him that there was nothing I could do. Anna was given two options and she went with me. I asked him if he really wanted a girl if he was her second choice. He cursed and stormed off.

"It went fine," I tell Anna, but she gives me a knowing look.

When we get to the dining room, my mother is already seated. She stands up when she sees us and holds out her hand to Anna, "Hello, I'm Gabriel's mother, Mrs. Sanchez."

"Nice to meet you. I'm Anna Walker," Anna says, shaking my mom's hand.

"Oh wow, she's beautiful Gabriel. You should keep this one," my mom says with a wink.

"I plan on it mother," I say through clenched teeth. I look at Anna and she has a smartass smirk on her face.

"Come, sit next to me Anna. I want to hear all about you," my mom says and I see the smirk leave Anna's face. Now it's my turn to give her the smartass grin. After dinner is served, my mother asks Anna, "So, tell me about your parents."

Anna takes on a cool air as she begans, "My parents and I just moved here from Hong Kong. We are originally from Seattle, but have moved all over the world for my father's business interests."

"What does he do?" my mother asks.

"He buys failing companies, reorganizes them and then he sells them for profit," Anna explains. My mom smiles and nods at Anna, but I've been watching Anna throughout this spiel and I sense that this is a rehearsed speech. But, why would she have the need to lie? She isn't poor, staying at one of the most expensive hotels in Miami and driving a Lamborghini. Who is Anna really? What is she hiding? Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm reading too much into nothing.

ANNABELLE'S POV:

Gabriel and I have been hanging out for a week now and each day I fall harder for him. Gabriel's file said that he was a bit of a jerk, but I think you really have to get to know him to appreciate his sense of humor. He's incredibly sweet to me, even if he likes to tease me.

Max seems to have forgiven Gabriel and they are cool again. I've apologize to him and he has even hung out with us a couple of times. Gabriel says that he has already found the new love of his life, or as Gabriel likes to tease Max, Max's true love for this month.

Halloween is next week and he wants us to get costumes and celebrate together. The only time I've ever celebrated Halloween was when I was eight and Jackson was ten. Jackson surprised me with a Disney Princess costume, I think I was Snow White and he took me trick or treating. Every other year, we were in countries with Simon where we were too busy to trick-or-treat, or the natives just didn't celebrate it.