KILLING ME SOFTLY - Teenage Assassin - Chapter 13

CHAPTER 13:

ANNABELLE'S POV:

When I open the balcony door to go back inside the suite, Gabriel is standing there, "Who was that on the phone?"

"My mom," I look right into his eyes while lying to him. I give him a peck on the cheek as I brush past him. "I'm going to take a shower, will you order us some room service?"

"Sure babe," he answers from behind me.

While in the shower, a sense of panic falls over me. This is it. I'm going to lose Gabriel. A part of me wishes that I'd never taken this job and a part of me is grateful for it. This situation is so messed up. The job has to get done, though. Xavier Sanchez is a monster and it's my job to rid the world of him.

I just wish there was a way to do this job and keep Gabriel at the same time. I love him so much. He is becoming more important to me than anything else in this world. Now I can see why Simon always taught, Jackson and I, not to fall in love. He said that love is a weakness, that those in our profession can't afford.

Maybe there is a way to stay with Gabriel. Those in my profession can't risk love, but if I wasn't in this profession, then I could. Do I want to give up this life for Gabriel? Is he worth it? Yes. Absolutely and completely.

I step out of the shower and dry myself off with an energized feeling. All I have to do is finish this job, then I can tell Simon that I'm done, so I'll be free to be with Gabriel. I quickly dress in a skirt and tank top. I find Gabriel sitting on the couch, flipping through the channels. I jump on top of him, "Got you!"

He laughs, then gets a serious expression on his face and brings his forehead against mine, "From the first moment I saw you."

I wrap my arms around his neck, "I love you, Gabriel."

He starts kissing me, but I have to get up when there is a knock on the door. I answer it, expecting room service, but Jackson is standing there. "What are you doing here?" I turn my head back and see Gabriel flipping through channels again, oblivious to Jackson's presence.

"Simon called," Jackson answers.

I sigh, "He called me also. I'm doing it tonight."

Jackson looks surprised, "Really?"

"Yes," I whisper harshly. Jackson's lack of confidence in me is annoying. Jackson grins, then turns around to walk away, "Jackson?"

He turns back around, "Yeah?"

I feel butterflies in my stomach as I tell him, "This is my last job." I quickly shut the door before he can react.

I lean back against it and Gabriel looks at me quizzically, "It was just someone asking directions to the ice machine."

Gabriel mutters, "Why didn't they call the front desk?"

There is another knock on the door and I pray that it isn't Jackson again. I'm relieved when I open the door and room service is here. I even give the guy a big tip.

After we eat, I tell Gabriel that I want to go to his place to watch another movie from his collection. Before we leave the hotel, I grab a messenger bag and fill it with a backup plan. I still have the gun and silencer hidden in Gabriel's closet, but an assassin must always have a backup plan. Either another way to commit the murder, or the means for a quick escape.

When we get to his house, his mother and father aren't around. We watch a movie in his room and by the time we're done, it's getting dark outside. Gabriel takes me down to the kitchen to scrounge some food out of the fridge. As we're eating, his mother enters.