Prologue

LOLA -------------------------------------->

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Lola!" Stepping forward to get my drink, I accidentally bump into someone and spill their coffee.

Just my fucking luck.

"I'm so sorry. I'll buy you another one." I stupidly try drying his sweatshirt with my hands while everyone else just stands there.

This is so embarrassing.

"Please stop." My hands immediately fall to my sides and I find the specks on the floor interesting.

"I'm s-so sorry." A few snickers are heard but other than that...it's dead silent.

He makes his way around me to order another before ushering me to a booth.

He's attractive for a younger guy but attractive nonetheless. He's got short black hair and crystal blue eyes. If my sister wasn't such a bitch, I'd introduce them but that's not the case.

"Uh..."

"My name is Leo. My brother's, Christiano and Marcus, are looking for an assistant. Only one because they're twins and do all their work together. And seeing as you know your coffee and look like the organized type, I thought you'd like the opportunity. I know this is weird and unexpected but they've run through 18 assistants in the past 3 months. I have no idea who you are but you look innocent and they don't tend to yell at the innocents. So, I'm gonna need you to go to 748 Crest Street next Monday at 7:30am and go to the top floor. From there, Andrea will direct you to the conference room where you will meet my brothers. Hopefully, I'll see you again." With that Leo gets up, grabs his coffee and leaves.

And that's how I got my first job in North Carolina.

Weird? I know but things get a lot weirder along the way.

...I think.