Chapter 1

"Morgana," the lady's maidservant said as she opened the curtains to let in some sunlight, "you need to wake up."

Morgana sat up slowly in bed and rubbed her eyes, "why?"

"Your father is welcoming King Balinor of Ealdor and his son to Camelot today to discuss a peace treaty. He wants you to be by his side when he welcomes them."

Morgana sighed and swung her feet over the side of her bed, "very well."

"What gown would you like to wear today, my lady?"

Morgana walked over to her wardrobe and slowly opened the intricate wooden doors to reveal a dozen silk gowns. She looked through each of them and then picked out a royal blue one. She smiled and held it out to her maidservant who beamed, "it will look lovely on you."

Morgana smiled back as she helped her get dressed and once she was done she took a step back and looked in the mirror. She smiled as she ran her hands along the intricate beading around her neck and shoulders. The gown truly was beautiful.

She turned to the girl, "do you think we could fix my hair? I'd hate to have to greet people with my hair looking as if I've been dragged through a bush backwards," she joked.

The girl nodded and bowed slightly as she walked over to Morgana and started to brush the princess' hair. Morgana smiled when the girl left and she whispered, "blotsma," adding a royal blue flower right behind her ear.

She walked towards the door and pushed it open. She walked down the corridors until she finally reached the throne room where her father, Uther, was waiting for her.

He looked at his daughter, "you look beautiful, Morgana," he said with a smile.

The man standing behind her father chuckled, "already trying to impress them, Morgana? You haven't even met them yet."

She scowled at the tall blond man, "Arthur, I'm not trying to impress anyone. I'm wearing the dress because father gave it to me, because I'm his favorite," she added with a smirk.

Arthur rolled his eyes at his younger sister and she stuck her tongue out at him like a child.

Uther rolled his eyes at his children. Honestly, sometimes they acted like six year olds when they were really in their mid-twenties. He sighed, "behave, both of you."

They both quickly stopped bickering and moved to either side of him, "yes, father."

Just then, a knight walked in and announced, "King Balinor and Prince Merlin of Ealdor have arrived."

Uther nodded thoughtfully, "good, send them in."

The knight nodded and shut the door behind him. Morgana straightened up next to Uther and watched as the large doors swung open.

A man in his mid-fifties walked up to Uther and greeted him, "King Uther," the man bowed, "it is a pleasure."

Uther smiled, though the smile didn't reach his eyes, "indeed it is, welcome, King Balinor."

Balinor smiled and gestured to the young man standing on his right side, "this is my son, Merlin."

Merlin bowed, "a pleasure, my lord."

Uther nodded, "indeed." He gestured to Arthur, "this is my son, Arthur, and my daughter, Morgana."

Merlin and Balinor both bowed their heads to Arthur who did the same in return and King Balinor kissed Morgana's hand, "my lady, it is a pleasure."

She smiled at the kind King, even though the two kingdoms weren't exactly friendly, "thank you, my lord."

Merlin walked up to Morgana after his father and also kissed her hand. He looked up at her and gave a small smile, "my lady."

She subconsciously found herself sending him a small smile back and she bowed her head, "my lord."

Uther smiled as he watched the exchange, "King Balinor, would you mind meeting with me in private?"

Balinor nodded, "certainly, my lord."

Uther nodded and then turned to Arthur and Morgana, "why don't you both show Merlin around while we talk. We have some very important things to discuss."

______________________

Camelot and Ealdor were both very powerful kingdoms on their own. The only thing stopping them from becoming allies was magic. Ealdor embraced magic while Camelot was wary of it. Recent events, however, where Arthur had been saved by a sorcerer, which had turned out to be Prince Merlin, made King Uther decide to rethink the grudges that Camelot held with Ealdor. This was why he had called this meeting, to see if an arrangement could be made. Morgana sighed as she watched Merlin and Arthur have a sword fight. If only the king knew his own daughter had magic. She shook her head, no one could ever find out.

She decided to return her attention back to the sword fight in front of her. She cheered when Merlin knocked Arthur to the ground. She walked over to him and smiled, "good job! I think the only other person to have beaten Arthur in a sword fight is me."

Merlin looked over at her and smiled before returning his attention to Arthur. He held out his hand and helped Arthur back up. Arthur brushed off his clothes and glared at Morgana, "we were six and I'm still convinced you cheated."

Morgana shrugged and smiled, "think what you'd like, I still won."

Sir Leon came running up to the three of them and bowed, "my lords and lady, the Kings request your presence."

They nodded and thanked him as they made their way back to the throne room. Morgana leaned over and whispered to Arthur, "do you think they've made a decision already? So soon?"

Arthur shrugged his shoulders as he held the door open for the three of them, "I guess we'll find out."

Uther smiled as the three walked in to the room, "welcome back."

Morgana raised an eyebrow, "you've reached a decision so soon?"

Balinor nodded, though he didn't seem happy, "we have indeed."

Uther nodded, "the kingdoms of Camelot and Ealdor shall be united and our quarrels out behind us."

"United?" Arthur questioned.

Uther smiled, "the houses of Emrys and Pendragon will be united through marriage. Morgana and Merlin will marry."

Morgana's dress:

Thanks for reading the first chapter, hope you liked it :)

Yes, there will be a picture of Morgana's dress at the end of almost every chapter. (It's been really fun to dress her up 😂)