Second Chance: Chapter One

Okay so the first chapter has also been re-written, really I'm just going to make the chapters longer so the storyline stays the same but they're going to be some minor changes to the story but hopefully not too much for you guys.

I'm hoping to have the second chapter of His Servant re-written in the next few days but not sure when a next chapter of The Maid will be re-written as of yet.

Comment and Vote it would mean a lot! :)

******************************************************************************************

Second Chance: Chapter One

A lot has happened in the past ten years since I’ve moved to the seaside to look after my Nan and see more of my great aunt Lillian who is actually not that much older than my dad. I have moved from Nan’s place to a small house closer to the seaside but it is still quiet, it was a couple of years ago that my Nan died from a ‘broken heart’ she just couldn’t live anymore when the love of her life was waiting for her and now they’re together again.

It was heart breaking because everyone loved her and I was the one having to ring up my dad to tell him his own mother died in her sleep, they came down a couple hours later and it was pretty much a blur because to this day I still couldn’t believe my Nan was just gone, died in her sleep. The doctor did say I was the reason she stayed alive longer than she did but now she is in a better place and with grandad.

All the things she has taught me like gardening my small garden looked amazing and cooking was one of my favourite things to do, my Nan was a chef when she was still working and would sometimes help out in a small little café I work in which is owned by Lillian. I’ve had many jobs since I’ve moved here but since my Nan died I’ve worked here and helped my aunt out.

Sometimes my mind would wonder to the thought of Greyson but then it would go again, I would lie when I say it doesn’t hurt still remembering the day he ended our friendship and all because of her, but life goes on and I can’t keep bringing up the past which only upsets me. I’ve finished my shift and just put on my coat and grabbed my bag when I heard Lillian calling me.

Lillian is different, she’s the owner of the café and my great aunt, which makes her my dad’s aunt but she is the loveliest person you could ever meet and I love her to pieces. Although the business is successful it doesn’t mean were not failing because we are and I would hate to see this place go, it’s her life and she loves it. If I had the money I would give it to her, I probably could give her a quarter of it but obviously that still wasn’t enough.

I turned round and there she was grinning at me as if she knew a secret, “What is it Lils?” I questioned her as I pulled the zip on my coat up and put my scarf around my neck. “There is a handsome man out front asking for you, are you going to tell me who he is or why he is here asking for you?” she asked me and I could see her smirking, it’s not like I haven’t gone on dates because I have but I hardly go out on dates which is a problem in her eyes.

“I don’t know what you on about, which one is he?” I asked her as I made my way to the front of the café and stopped mid-step when I saw the man I haven’t seen in ten years, “Greyson” I whispered to myself in shock that he is standing here and in front of me. The last time I heard anything about Greyson was when my mother told me about his marriage to Sarah Harting, he married the very same woman who ruined our friendship and he left her do it, of course I heard about it in the newspaper as well, his a big CEO now because he took over John’s company, his father.