Soon

"Do we really need all this planning stuff?" Sam sighs and looks sadly at the large stack of envelopes, reservation documents, and paperwork in front of him. The cluttered room in the small but warm apartment has been used for intense wedding planning that even has a mattress shoved in the corner. The rest of the apartment actually belongs to Marina, who had kindly offered it as a place for them to stay to plan and work until they have the wedding and find a place of their own together afterwards. The other rooms are painted beautiful shades of blue along with intricate paintings and doodles on the walls and in corners; some completed by Marina, and some Ella had painted after extensive requests. The whole apartment had been a wonderful place to come for any of the Garde, and Marina would always welcome guests with a large home-cooked meal. Adam frequently would stop by when he wasn't working. Opposite the desk, Six stares at a laptop screen, concentrating. She looks up after Sam speaks.

"You were the one who wanted the ceremony," she teases.

"Yeah, well, that's important to me. It's tradition for us humans." He throws down a completed reservation packet and rubs his face in exhaustion.

The laptop dings and Six immediately falls back into concentration. "Whatever. You humans are weird."

"Why'd you engage to me, then?"

Six's eyes twinkle. "You know why."

Sam blushes and grins, until the computer goes off again. He leans across the table to get a better look at the noisy device."Who are you talking to, anyway?"

"Ella. She's trying to pick out dresses for me. She keeps sending pictures of these stupidly huge dresses with all this lace and shit. I don't even want to think about these." She turns the laptop around. The computer screen reveals a barren inbox, the only emails from . Each of the subject lines have make it sound as though Ella is getting more and more irritated, but with the expression on Six's face, Sam could tell both girls had mutual emotions. Another ding, and the next email reads:

From: Ella

Fwd: Ok, here's another one. It's called the mermaid style.

Six-

You really have to pick something soon, there aren't unlimited options here! I can find you maybe two or three more then you're on your own!

Img attached: Loading...

The picture attached is a white strapless dress, enough lace to murder, and fitted to every curve of the model woman's body, flowing out around the ankles. Sam giggles at the picture and Six groans. "Damn, I think you could really pull this one off." 

"Shut up," Six retaliates and drags the computer back to face her. She pulls up a chat and types a message once more. "There aren't unlimited options." Six snorts. "She's sent me eleven different dresses so far and they're all from the same store."

"Welcome to Earth."

Six ignores him. "And I keep telling her, make it simple but she won't listen to me."

"She is Ella."

Six types in a few more words then slams the top shut. "What about invitations? Is your mom going to make it, or...?"

"Oh yeah. My dad is picking her up and they're getting here together."

"Good. Did we hear from Lexa or Adam?"

"Lexa called me, and she's coming; Adam still hasn't said anything."

"Typical." Six trails off and stares off for a moment. During that moment, Sam sneaks a look at his soon-to-be-wife. Ever since they first met, he had been sneaking looks all the time. When Six wasn't looking, or talking on the phone, or concentrating on something else, he would take the time to absorb and memorize her ever feature. Sure, he would gloss down her body once in awhile, but never in a pervert kind of way. He would instead take the time to watch her face when it changed emotions. When the stormy grey eyes would gleam with excitement or disappointment; when the smile creases grew after she listened to Daniela complain about Nine or receiving an unexpected hug from Marina; when the long, raven-black hair would bounce after she laughed or billow around in the wind. Each time Six would catch him staring and both would be embarrassed; some would think that would have changed by two years, but none of it ever did. They would both grin stupidly, look away and forget all about it. And it would happen all over again. Their friends would see the look of pure love on the human boy's face and just know that everything would work out for them.

Six shakes her head quickly, making her hair get caught on her cheek and breaking herself out of the small trance. She makes eye contact with Sam, and he immediately turns pink as usual. Instead, Six smiles and gets up to sit in his lap. Sam wraps his arms around her waist and they each hold each other for as long as they can.

Six kisses Sam's forehead. "Two more weeks," she whispers into his hair, then pulls back.

Sam brushes the hair out of Six's face and rests his hand on the back of her neck. He leans forward and places a sweet, soft kiss on her lips. "I love you."

"I know."

Sam grins and the couple sit in silence for a few seconds. Then Sam pauses and raises his eyebrows. "Did you- did you just quote Star Wars?"

"Don't make a big deal out of it," Six laughs. "You're lucky you're the cute kind of nerd."