Party

After dropping off a begrudging Ella, Marina and Adam were the last to arrive at the entrance. Nine, John, Six and Sam all stand outside of the doors, loud music blaring from inside the building. Everyone had changed out of their wedding attire and into more comfortable clothes. Six looked the happiest about this, for she had a relaxed smirk on her face while she stretched her arms as long as they would go. Nine's arm is draped around John's shoulders as he leans in to listen to the conversation. The four of them look up as the last car pulls up in the parking lot.

Nine detaches himself from John and crosses his arms. "Finally. Now we can start the party."

"Don't make me reconsider," Six says, jabbing a finger into his chest.

"Why am I here again?" Adam asks.

Nine rolls his eyes like the answer is obvious. "First of all, Mog dude, you're a part of this, and so is Sammy. No negotiating on that. Period. Second of all, my purpose here is to get you all drunk. And I highly doubt you've gotten laid yet, so I'll help you fix that too."

The group bursts out laughing, making a flock of pigeons nearby take flight in alarm. Adam's cheeks light on fire and he glares at Nine, who is in stitches.

"Good job using the word negotiating, Nine." John doubles over, hands on his knees.

"Yeah? How are you going to 'help him fix it'?" Sam sniggers.

Nine immediately stops laughing and turns the exact same shade as Adam. He opens his mouth to say something, then shuts it after a strangled noise escaped his throat.

Marina wipes a tear off her face. "Let's go before I change my mind about this."

The four Garde, one Mog, and one Human enter the building. They get a once-over from a few people, but for the most part, the extraterrestrial group goes unnoticed. From the outside world, they look like a group of teenagers. Young adults, actually. The place is inhabited by quite a few groups that appear similar to theirs. Apparently tonight is a good night for partying.

Sam and Adam grab a table for the six of them and Nine orders a shot tray. John returns to the table with a beer for himself and Nine snatches it from him as soon as he sits down.

"What?" John makes a move to try to steal back his bottle. Nine holds it above his head, out of reach.

"What do you mean what? This is not what I sat in a car with you for an hour for, Johnny!"

"I don't plan on completely wasting myself in the first 15 minutes, Nine!"

"Where's the fun in that?"

"It's hopeless, John." Marina pipes up. Nine mouths Thank you at her, and she rolls her eyes.

"If you can't beat him, join him." Sam plucks a shotglass off the tray and empties it. He cringes as the buzz hits his throat.

Adam picks up a glass and inspects it carefully. "I'm not even sure if my kind can even get drunk."

"Sure you can. If Nine's done it, it should be easy," Marina slides into the booth next to Adam.

Nine doesn't seem to hear her. He's already drowned one glass, shaking the hair out of his eyes. Six sighs and follows suit. "What an ideal honeymoon."

John is forced to take his first shot, then dragged out onto the dance floor. "I don't think that's a good idea," Marina says, watching the two boys with pursed lips.

Six joins her. "Nine is buzzed 24/7 on his own, but John's going to need more help than that." They all viewed the blonde boy as he is approached by a pair of young girls in tight dresses.

"That must be a world record. John's been here, what, 10 minutes?" Adam says. John's eyes widen and they can clearly see the boy is flustered. The girls begin to talk to him; well, more like whisper in his ears with their hands on his shoulders. They pretty much invade way too much of his personal space, and Marina makes a growling noise. John pleads with Nine, saying Help me with his eyes. Nine pushes his way through the pair.

"Sorry ladies, but this boy's taken for now. Plus he's not nearly drunk enough yet. Come back later and he'll be more than willing, I promise. In the meantime, there's a handsome chap over there who might want to join you." He points to Adam.

"I'll kill him," Adam whispers.

The girls seemed to have lost interest halfway through, and moved on to another poor boy on the other side of the room. John makes a brisk pace back to home base, and downs another shot. The look of horror doesn't completely dissipate from his face. "Don't let me go anywhere till I've had more than enough of these." Sam laughs.

Nine returns to the table a few moments later, a grin on his face. "Guess what?"

"I don't want to," Marina replies.

Nine ignores her. "They're doing karaoke tonight." The giddy smile on his face doesn't match anyone else's at the table.

"Have fun," Adam says.

"Yeah right, Mog guy, you're joining me. You're all not missing out on this opportunity."

"No way," John says.

"Yup."

"Absolutely not," Six adds.

"Too bad."

"You're on your own," Sam mutters.

"Oh, no, Sammy. You're coming too."

Marina nudges Adam and whispers into his ear. He perks up.

"Yes, that is a wonderful idea, Marina. Let's do it." They both inch out of the booth and Adam takes Marina's hand, both shuffling over to the dance floor.

Nine watches them leave with a disappointed sigh. Then he claps his hands together.

"Alright. Who wants to go first?"