Incredible

On the "big day" as everyone but Six liked to call it, the weather was perfect. Perfect enough in the sense that no Legacies had to be spared to keep it that way. Sam claimed that it was just the world realizing that that day was finally a good day; one that could not afford to be screwed up. The engaged couple had agreed, eventually, to have a ceremony before the party. But in order to compromise, the final decision was to have the ceremony on the beach instead of a church. There was a large wooden platform on which rows of chairs sat facing a small cathedral. Everything was open and outside; every noise the ocean made and every breeze the beach provided would carry throughout the whole setup. The entire thing was not even very large, but it was all lightly colored and radiated a happy aura. Daniela had stopped by to create an intricate stone archway for the couple with her Legacy; obviously Marina couldn't do anything with ice or the whole thing would melt in the heat.

About half of the guests had arrived already. Seated in spread out chairs, the guests mingled and chatted a little, but some were slightly uncomfortable and awkward. Malcolm and Adam were seated together, catching up and discussing light topics, all the while occasionally glancing around at the other guests. Karen Walker was looking a little out of place, though finally dressing nicely and having her hair let down. She sits alone, sticking to her phone and looking guilty about it. Lexa arrives as one of the last people, and tries to fit in with Adam and Malcolm. The largest group of guests included most of the human Garde; some the bride and groom knew personally, like Ran and Nigel, but also some they didn't. They placed their trust in Nine with the invitations, and all the people he invited Nine ensured were "cool guys". They all made the most noise, showing off their Legacies and being teenagers. Everyone was waiting.

There was a small beach house on the edge of the water in which the preparations were undergo. Inside, Ella fiddles with Six's hair, putting it up in curvy waves and braids that create a small nest shape of hair while the rest falls down her back easily in thick curls. Marina sits in front of them, smoothing out Six's dress and giggling with excitement. Sam is forced to wait in another room with Nine and Daniela.

"This is torture! How long does it take for you guys to get ready?" Sam's voice carries through the door that separates the two rooms.

Marina calls back, "You're not allowed to see the bride until the ceremony! It's tradition."

"Can you at least take Nine until the ceremony?" Sam grumbles. Nine laughs.

"Aw, Sammy, this is supposed to be your last day of freedom before a lifetime of imprisonment! Lose the Mr. Grumpy!"

Six's eye twitches and she makes a move to get up, which dischivels Ella from her position. "Six! Sit still for crying out loud, I'm going to have to start over!"

"But-"

"Oh hush, it's Nine; he doesn't actually mean it. Besides, I think your husband has it under control." The sound of Nine laughing is cut of by a slapping noise. Ella smirks and looks towards the door. "Or Daniela."

Marina stands up and paces nervously. Her dress is spaghetti strapped, colored many shades of blue, much like her apartment, made of floaty material that falls to the middle of her calves, and pinched together in the back to create extra creases. She wears dark blue sandals with half-inch heels, and her hair is twisted into a loose, low bun with little blue jewels embedded in her brown waves, courtesy of Ella. It was a casual but beautiful. "Six, this is a really big deal. This basically ties together our two species into a permanent bond, now that the war is over. And you've invited less than fifty people."

"Marina, calm down, you're more stressed about this than I am. Is it because John's not here yet?"

She sighs. "Yeah, probably. Also because, well..." Marina sits in front of Six and stares sadly into her eyes while holding her hands. "I'm scared that this will be it. That this will be that last time I really get to see you. That after this you'll run off and forget about us, about the rest of us. Six, you're my best friend, and this is the first time I've actually ever seen you this happy. I'm excited for you, I am; but what if-" Six stops her best friend's rant by gripping her hands tight and staring straight into her eyes.