Ch.15

Ebele's POV

"Zane?!" Aphmau yelled." Guards, ready your weapons!"

Zane laughed as the lord of Scaleswind yells at Aphmau in rage.

"Where is my daughter?!"

Aphmau was confused by his question and asked who she was. He yelled his daughter name who was Nicole. Aphmau was shocked and couldn't believe what the lord said. Then he turned his attention to Oliver.

"This man here has seen my daughter as of yesterday in your village," he explained." Bring her to these gates now!"

"I know exactly where she is," Aphmau said.

She turned to her guards and said she was going to get Nicole. They said to get Nicole immediately and Aphmau was off running. I didn't see her run but I heard her feet kick off from the ground.

My attention was only on One-eyed. I went past the gate but didn't feel pain in my chest. I looked around to see if Aaron was around.

Just a few feet away I saw him hiding in a tree. Before I went to him I stuck my hand in his head for a minute. Then his visible eye started to twitch for a second and stopped.

Dark thoughts filled my mind as I went to Aaron. Once I reached him I floated up.

"Will it be today?" I asked as I saw Aphmau back.

"Let's hope." He answered as we continued to watch the scene.

When Aphmau explained that she couldn't find Nicole the lord became furious. Then he threatened her that if Nicole was not found and returned to him in five days or he will destroy Phenix Drop. Then left with some of his guards while stayed Zane.

"Now would be the time to end him..." I said but got no response.

"Zane," Aphmau said furiously." You did this. Where's Nicole?"

"That's quite the accusation you are putting against me without any proof," Zane said." It's quite the situation you've got your little into. I could talk to the lord of Scaleswind and clear up this misunderstanding and make this all go away but I'm going to need you to give me those two amulets back."

"You cursed my people with those amulets," Aphmau said." I don't know why you what them but I'm not giving them back to you."

"You are a funny women," Zane said as he chuckled." You would risk the safety of your own people over those trinkets, the people you're sworn to protect, you would risk their lives over two pieces of jewelry? You could just give them to me and spare them."

I couldn't wait any longer now. Before Aphmau got a chance to answer I raised my hand up and made the ground rumble under One-eyed's feet and he fell as well as the guards. Aphmau, Oliver and the guards stumbled a little but kept there balance.

This kept going on for a minute until I saw something sharp and purple in my stomach. I couldn't do anything and that caused the ground to be still again. All I could do now was watch.

Once the ground stopped moving One-eyed and the guards with him stood back up.

"Like I said before," Aphmau said." I will not give them to you."

"So be it," Zane said as he dust off some dust." My offer still stands."

Then he left with the guards but Oliver stayed where he stood. I watched as Zane left while I'm able to do nothing. After a while Aaron pulled  his sword back and put it away.

I was able to move again but didn't bother to look back. My shoulders fell as One-eyed is still breathing and is still causing pain towards others. I got down from the tree and went over to Aphmau who was now talking to Laurance.

Then Laurance pulled out one of the amulets and asked what to do with it. Aphmau immediately answered and said to hide it. Laurance asked where and Aphmau said they'll discuss about it at another time.

"We NEED search parties and find Nicole." Aphmau commanded.

"Agreed," Laurance said." Let's get moving."

Aphmau told everyone to get moving and left. But before they left Aphmau looked at Oliver and opened the gates. Then she and Oliver probably went to her house to discuss about what he had done.

I didn't follow them and went back to the hide out. One my way there I saw Lillian behind the back of the old guards tower. Once I made it to the hide out I saw Aaron starting a fire.

I looked down and sat near the water. I was upset with him. He didn't do anything when One-eyed wasn't fully guarded.

I know Aphmau and her guards would question us but it would have been worth it.

"If you're thinking I should have attack him," Aaron said." Then you're wrong."

"How?" I asked.

"If the lord of Scaleswind was there he would have had my head." Aaron explained.

"I may not know the lord so well," I said as I got up." But I know that he had a grudge against Zane."

"Then why was he standing with that monster?" Aaron asked.

"One-eyed could have lie to him." I said.

"Then the lord must be an idiot." Aaron said.

"He was looking for his daughter!" I yelled.

"He is a foul for believing him," Aaron said." Since we're on the topic did you know that she was his daughter?"

"No," I said." But I thought she was familiar. I just didn't know her that well."

Aaron was about to say something when I heard something coming. I hold my hand up and looked to my left. I signaled him to hide by the trees.

He did and we waited for a while until we heard footsteps. It was Aphmau but she wasn't alone. I looked at Aaron and he was looking at Aphmau.

While he was staring at her, he relaxed a little. Until someone came at him with a sword.