Ch.25

Ebele's POV

I looked down at my body to see that I was almost invisible. Then the pain in my chest grew stronger and I fell to my knees.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"Y-yeah," I answered." This just means I need to find my brother."

"Why does this happen?" He asked." Why are you in pain?"

"T-to be honest, I-i'm not sure myself," I answered." But if I'm far away f-from the sword my b-brother carries, I start t-to feel pain. And if we get even f-farther away I start t-to fade."

"So you feel pain and start to disappear when you're far away from your brother's sword?" He asked.

"Well I-i don't disappear," I said." I just become invisible."

"Ebele..." he said.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Tell me about your curse," he said." Please."

"Why do you want to know?" I asked.

"I want to see if I can help you," he answered." And I feel like I know nothing about you. You're good as a women and a friend. I want to help you get your body back."

"Thank you Malachi," I said." But I think finding the answer might be impossible for you."

"Why?" He asked.

"Because me and my br-rother might be ab-ble to get the answer when the wa-ar comes." I answered.

"What may that be?" He asked.

"We kill the one w-who caste this curse on m-me." I answered.

Malachi stayed quiet for a bit.

"Isn't there another way?" He asked.

"Don't worry," I said." You won't be there to s-see."

Then the pain in my chest started to go away and I stopped fading. I stood up and smiled a bit at Malachi.

"Is the pain gone now?" He asked.

"Yes," I answered as I looked at myself." My brother must be near."

"But I still want to know, I want to know how this curse works." He said.

"... alright." I answered.

He smiled and said that he'll be back. Then he went into the guest room and I waited for him to return. After a while, Malachi was sitting on Zoey's bed while I stood in front of him.

"So what would you like to know?" I asked.

"Everything." he answered." Even if it's just little, I want to know."

I explained to him about my family in Scaleswind and why I left. I also explained how I met Aldhard.

"And you want to know how this curse works, right?" I asked.

"Yes please." He answered.

"Ok." I said." From what I know, I can't touch people but when I go through them, they tense up, freak out or feel uncomfortable."

"Uh-huh." Malachi said.

"When I got trapped in my brother's sword, I gained a power or two. It'll let me lift things or make the ground shake." I explained." And if my brother sticks his sword in me I won't be able to do anything or move. I can't touch things or pick them up without my power, which I'm still working on."

"Is that all?" He asked.

"I'm afrad so." I answered.

"Well thank you for answering." Malachi said with a smile.

"Your welcome," I said. And I'm sorry about the information being so little."

"It's alright," he said." Like I said, even if it's little information I still want to now."

"Well..." I said." I should be going now. My brother must be waiting for me."

"Do you have to leave now?" He asked as he yawned.

"I'm afraid so," I answered." And I think it's bedtime for you."

"But I don't want to-" he denied but yawned again." -go to sleep yet."

"That's what they all say." I said as I headed towards the door." But in the end..."

"In the end?" He asked.

"I don't know what comes next," I said." I heard that from somewhere and it came to my mind just now."

He laughed and got of of Zoey's bed. Then he went over to the door. He looked at me with a worried face.

I kneeled down and looked at him.

"Malachi," I said." It'll be alright. You and the other villagers will go somewhere safe."

"But mom and the guards will still be here fighting," he said." I'm just worried about them. I feel like faith will have other plans for them."

"Don't worry," I said." I personally don't believe in faith, but I think about the good when bad things happen."

"I want to see that to but," Malachi said." What if we don't win? What if one of us is hurt real badly?" What if-"

"Stop with the "what ifs," I cut him off." You need to trust your mother and the ones that are staying. You need to believe in them."

Malachi stayed quiet for a while until he spoke up.

"Your right, I just need to trust them to come back."

"That's the spirit," I said as I got up." Now let's get you to bed."

"Alright." He said as he rubbed his eye.

I walked him upstairs and to his room. When I went in I saw Aphmau putting Levin to sleep. Aphmau looked up and smiled at him.

He smiled back and went over to her. Then he gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"I love you, mom." He said as he hugged her.

"I love you, too." She said as she hugged him back.

After they had their moment, Aphmau tucked Malachi into bed. Then she gave him and Levin a kiss on the forehead. At that moment, I felt something like my heart was going to break at the scene.