Chapter 17: Unexpected

"Mark, you literally take me somewhere new every day." You said closing your eyes. "Yeah, well, that's what you get when you haven't seen these amazing things." And said directing you somewhere.

"Okay, you didn't peak did you?" He questioned. "No Mark, I didn't peak. It would 'ruin the surprise'." You giggled. "Now I want you to slowly, I mean slowly, open your eyes." He said dramatically. You did as he said and "slowly" opener your eyes.
"Ta da!" He yelled with his arms out. It was a gigantic pet store.

You indeed did love animals. "So.. We're just looking right? We're actually not going to get anything, right?" You kinda laughed. "No no, we're just looking and petting and loving all of the cute little precious animals." He said as his voice got higher and higher. You laughed and began to walk in with him slightly behind.

"'Now, that not unless you wanna buy you a dog or a cat or something." He said. "I'm thinking more of a cute little snake." You laughed. He looked at you with big eyes and laughed. "What?" You questioned. "You gotta feed them little itty bitty small cute little mice." He pointed out. "Mark, why do you keep adding 'cute little bitty precious little cute little itty bitty small cute little' to every animal you say?" You laughed. His face grew kinda peachy. "You don't know me!" He yelled and laughed.

You both began to look at other animals like the small birds, cats, fishes, spiders, and such. You both adored how cute they all were.

"Mark," you said looking at him. "I'd love a cat/dog one day." You said slightly smiling. "You know, I've really wanted a dog for awhile. It'd be nice to get one sometime. I want to get one from a rescue center or some place though. Somewhere from a place like that so I can save them."

You loved that about Mark. About how he was always so loving and is always thinking about how he can save something.

20 minutes later

"Mark?" You said, looking around. "Mark?" You said in a louder voice.
"Where is he?" You thought aloud.

You wondered around the store more. Looking for that hair of his. You checked outside, where the dogs were, and everywhere. You couldn't find him at all.

You searched for 10 more minutes.

"Hey (F/N)." Mark said coming around the corner. You jumped. "Mark? What the hell man! I've been searching for you for like 20 minutes now."

"(F/N), I've been here the whole time?" He paused and so did you. "Maybe you're jus tired. We should head back home now, get some rest and stuff." He offered. You took the offer.

You got in the car, mark right after you, and you headed home.

You were thinking and thinking about how Mark was there "the whole time".

You were puzzled.

You veered off into the left lane, a truck crashes into you. Head on collision.