Chapter 2

Jeremy awoke few hours later to get a head start. By the sound of Michael's voice that morning, he wondered if Michael had already finished that 'present'. Not many gave Jeremy presents, and those who seldom did never did on Valentine's Day. Before everything, he bolted downstairs and looked in his cabinets for anything he deemed acceptable for a breakfast food. This being a green apple. The rest of the time he got up early to do his usual routine; take a scalding bubble bath, brush his teeth and hair, and change into fresh clothes; white tee, green sweater, and black pants. He looked cute, but wasn't going to admit it. Jeremy was ready for whenever Michael came. He would call beforehand like he always did, anyway.
He was reading when his phone rang, sitting tall with his book in his hands and knees going out from his chest. He put the phone on his lap as he brought the phone to his ear.
"Y-ello?"
"Happy Valentine's Day, buddy!" Michael's voice practically sang through the small speaker.
"O-oh yeah! I forgot!" he lied, that's all he had been thinking about. "Spe-speaking of, since I forgot, I didn't have time to get a present for you! S-sorry..."
"It's no problem! Trust me," his chipper tone dropped and octave. "we'll both enjoy this present~"
Michael flinched at the sudden dip in Michael's exuberant tone. Weirdly enough, he couldn't say he disliked it. At that moment, he favored it.
"H-huh?!" Jeremy squeaked.
"You'll see, Jer-a-mee!"
He hung up, again.
Jeremy stood and placed his book closed on his bed. Just as he opened his room door, a knock came from downstairs.
Jeremy leaped downstairs and looked through the peep-hole of his door.
It was Michael.
Jeremy could feel his heart thudding in his chest as he became hesitant to open the door. He reached for the doorknob and sighed, trying to calm the unrelenting tremor in his chest. Opening the door, he could see the full frame of the raven-haired male leaning into the doorway. His heart began to get terribly fast. Michael stood tall, stature now better than ever. Jeremy put his hands behind his back, hoping his cheeks would stifle the blush he felt rising in his cheeks.
"H-hey, Michael!" Jeremy stepped out of the way so Michael could come in. "I d-didn't know you would be here so qui-!"
Michael took Jeremy by the hand as he shoulder butted the door shut and locked it. Walking to the stairs Michael let go of his hand.
Jeremy squeaked with bright blush on his face. "Mi-Michae-!"
"You can have your present, on one condition."
Jeremy squinted at Michael. "That is?"
Michael kicked off his shoes and slid over to the stairs, rolling his index finger inwards to beckon Jeremy. "You have to come and get it~"
Jeremy stood like a deer in headlights as Michael went upstairs.
"I... He..." Jeremy mumbled to himself , "Wants me to... Come... Get it...?"
Maybe because he had gradually conjured up feelings towards Michael, or because he didn't know what else to do now, he dashed upstairs and lingered in front of the now closed door. His hand reached for the knob, tapping it and pulling back slowly. He had to think, what was behind that door?
Jeremy took a deep inhale in and went through the door. Turning from closing it, he lost his breath at the scene before him. Michael was sprawled out, head and legs off opposite sides of the bed.
"Oh, Jeeeremy? Could you pull me up? I can't move." Michael begged.
Jeremy slowly walked to the bed and outreached his hand for Michael to pull. Instead, Michael pulled Jeremy's hand and used his other hand to wrap around Jeremy's hip, pulling the smaller body into his lap.
Jeremy was frozen.