22. In The Middle

I hope that I can turn back the time
To make it all alright, all alright for us
I'll promise to build a new world for us two
With you in the middle

~DJ Snake

 Chapter twenty-two. In the Middle 

Have you ever felt like a popsicle...? I know, a pretty weird question to ask but yet that was how I was feeling right now.

Why isn't the fricking heating working, I groaned mentally. There was nothing worse than being in a huge house that was competing with Antarctica's temperature.

The heating was probably working, I was just too lazy to get up ad put it on. Usually, I'd get Leo to do those things... but right now he wasn't here, I was home alone with Ash, the Siberian Husky Leo had given me for Christmas.

We had struggled to find a good name for him since Leo had many names in mind and I had none. It was like we were choosing a name for our baby but yet our dog needed a name first. I had laughed at Leo a lot when we were deciding since he wanted to name Ash, Ghost instead. Leo claimed that the dire wolf from Game of Thrones was awesome and that Ash could also live up to the name, I wasn't happy with the name choice since Ghost was a white wolf and Ash was white and grey in some areas; hence the reason why I chose his name.

I sighed heavily as I flicked through the channels on the TV, there was nothing on that I wanted to watch. Whatever happened to the TV being the best thing in the world? I remembered when I was little all I ever wanted to do was watch TV but my parents would barely even let me watch an hour a day, parts of my childhood were good but other parts were not.

I sighed again and stroked Ash, he was lying down near me on the couch with his head on my lap. He was keeping me warm to an extent but yet I wanted more warmth. My hands were like ice and I was so sure that my nose was red. 

Over one week and a half had passed and Leo's and my birthday were coming up soon. Leo's birthday was on the twelve of January and mine was the fourteenth. I still found it funny how our birthdays were only two days apart. Leo would be turning twenty-four and I would be turning nineteen. The age difference never bothered me, it was only when it bothered other people it would also bother me. Leo always told me not to care what people said or thought because their opinions didn't matter but I just couldn't help but over think.

"What should we do Ash?" I asked my new furry friend, we had been getting closer and closer each day since Leo had given him to me.

Leo was right when he said that Ash was already trained, I never had any problems with him at all. I was worried at the start of having a husky in the house, but Ash proved me wrong and turned out to be a caring animal that I could rely on. Whenever I cooked, Ash would help me by closing the draws and cupboards that I left open, he hadn't gotten used to opening things yet... although I wasn't sure if he could at all. Perhaps if I put a rope on cupboards and on the fridge than Ash could open.

It was way too cold outside to take Ash for a walk, I usually let Leo take him out in the evenings after he got back from work. It was so strange how my life was now heading towards a different direction, the life I had dreamed of with Leo was finally happening, all we needed now was our baby.

I sighed again heavily, this time, and placed my hands on my bump, it had gotten slightly bigger. i had googled that my baby was now the size of a very large mango. Leo had laughed when I told him that and he had gotten confused and thought that there was a mango inside of my stomach instead of a baby.

"Ash, are you hungry?" I found myself asking the dog, who I knew couldn't talk back. Ash growled softly, and I didn't know whether to take that as a yes or no.