Chapter 2 (Stiles)

Quickly I found my way through the tunnels of the Temple while the others followed me. With every step I felt healthier, with every step I felt closer to Derek. I would finally see him again.

"Mom, something smells weird." Boyd said and tried to stop me, but I just kept going. This whole place smelled weird. "Can you hear this, too?" Isaac asked, but I kept going, while the others nodded. "Watch out!" I heard Kira scream. A second later I saw a giant monster. It looked like a giant human, but covered in animal skin and bones, like it was the newest fashion trend. But I couldn't stare for long, because the Monster hit me with his bone weapon so I flew across a room and landed hard on the ground.

For a few minutes I had trouble breathing and everything seemed blurry. "Hey, Mom, can you hear me?" Lydia's face came into my vision. I nodded and she helped me up, now I could also see the teenagers who fought that monster thing. But the monster was so much stronger and threw them around like it was nothing. At least the pup's slowed it down.

I took a few steps forward, my legs were fine - good. "Lydia, in that direction is Derek - Go." My finger pointed down a dark hallway and she nodded, but clearly hesitated to leave me behind. "Go! Don't worry I have a plan!" I said again, before picking up a stone from the ground. I was about to do something really stupid, but when I saw Kira holding her bloody side, I knew it was the right time to do stupid things.

"Hey!" I screamed at the thing and threw the stone at his head. Wouldn't this be a life threatening situation I would be so proud of me for that throw.

At least I succeeded with my plan. The Monster turned his head to me. "Pup's! Go run after Lydia!" Not one of them moved an inch. I rolled my eyes. Why are they always so overprotective? "Trust me! I have a plan! Just ... Find Derek!" Slowly they walked after Lydia into the hallway, while the monster made his way over to me.

Ok, now it was time for my plan! What was the plan again? The Monster was just a few feet away and already lifted his arm to probably crash me against the wall - again. Since it seemed like I hadn't even had a Plan A in the first place, I was going through with Plan B: Running and then improvising.

As fast as I could I turned around and ran into the hallway we had came from, opposite from the one the pack just walked into.

The good thing was, that the Monster was really big, so he couldn't get too fast through the hallways. After I heard crashing stones behind me, I knew I was wrong. Solution: running faster!

I took a quick turn and to my luck the monster just ran straight ahead. That would buy me a few minutes. Now would come the improvising part of my plan. Frantically I let my eyes run over the walls and then I saw it. A small passage the Monster couldn't fit through.

"Hey! Asshat!" I screamed at the Monster, which turned around again and came at me. I waited until the last moment before I squeezed myself through the opening. More crushing noises followed my escape through the opening. A short look behind me proved, that the monster like to make his own way in life or in this case a way to his victim, who sadly would be me, if I wouldn't think of something soon. Luckily I could see the end of the small way.

When I reached the end, I nearly fell down into darkness. Why the hell was the ground gone? More crushing of stone behind me, when I spotted a stone to my left that pointed out of the wall a bit. I felt the monster right behind me, when I jumped to reach that little bit of stone. The Monster broke through the wall. My Fingers ripped open a bit, but I managed to hold tight. Laughing, while I watched the Monster fall down and vanish in the darkness.

"Ha!" I screamed at the already gone monster. A few minutes I smiled proudly at myself, until my arms started to arch. I stretched one of my feet into the direction of the now giant hole in the wall. In that moment I realized, that it was too far away. "Oh God." I whispered. Why was this my life?

"Mom?" I heard Erica's voice and saw her blond curls poking out of the hole. Ah, right this was why, my beautiful pup's. Erica's head now turned to me and looked with big confused eyes at me. "What are you doing there?" I rolled violently with my eyes and said with the most sass a Stilinski could bring up, while hanging at a wall with a giant gap under him. "Just hanging up."

After Erica also Boyd and Kira showed their heads and made their comments. At one point they helped me get solid ground under my feet again. "Derek?" was my first question. "We found him." Boyd explained, but the nervous faces of my pup's made me worry. But I knew Derek wasn't dead, then there would be tears and I would have felt it. Something else must be wrong.

I would find out soon.

Erica, Boyd, Kira and I were running through the hallways on our way out. When we came to the place where we left our cars, all the pup's even Jackson, Scott, Allison and Malia had gathered around one body on the ground.

"Mom, please don't freak out." Malia said, before stepping away and revealing the sight.

On the ground laid an unconscious Derek, but it also wasn't Derek. I thought about the time Derek showed me old pictures of him and his family. In front of me was Derek Hale, just that he was the teenaged version of my husband. "Seriously?" I asked nobody particularly. The worst part about Teenager Derek so far was, that I wasn't even surprised. It made sense now, that feeling that Derek was there, but also wasn't.

Arms wrapped around me, looking down I could see short blond curls. My eyes were again fixed on Derek, while I petted over Isaac's curls. Whatever life threw at me, at least I had a pack that supported me.