Chapter 8 (Stiles)

It was great to wake up with Derek wrapped around me. I was comfortable until suddenly I felt sick. As fast as I could I jump up and into the bathroom to vomit into the toilet.

While I was still hanging over the toilet to make sure I couldn't throw anything else up, Derek sat beside me on the cold bathroom floor and petted my back. "Stiles? What is wrong?" I never heard Derek so worried, so heartbroken. He had been worried before, but always with an angry undertone, because of those, who dared to touch me. This time was different, this time there was no threat Derek could simple punch in the face to save me. I gave Derek my best smile, without showing my teeth (in Case something from the inside of my stomach was stuck in their) and told him the truth about what happened to me, when he was away.

"Obviously, this wasn't as bad for you as it was for me. Probably because you were sedated and then even turned into a teenager, but I started to cough and get headaches a few weeks after you were gone. And sometimes I got stomach sick from it, I also started to sleep more, probably because my body was exhausted. I mean I was literally worried sick about you, guess that comes with being a Mate. The last few days weren't any better, you were back, sure, but ... You were a teenager and hadn't had a idea who I was and then the thing with Kate ... I guess my body can't keep up with you after all ..." "Stiles, you know you are stronger than every single one of us. You just said it yourself: I was unciouss for the whole time we were apart, I'm sure I would have miserable too otherwise, and the pack also didn't get sick and they didn't break their arm fighting of a berserker for me." I laughed at Derek and leant back, against Derek. "Thanks." I whispered. "You should rest." Derek answered and now after so many weeks, I finally let myself relax again. Derek, my pup's, my father, Beacon Hills - they were all safe. So I fell asleep again in Derek's arms.

The next time I woke up, I found myself to be alone in my bed. As I looked around for Derek I just found a note on my bedside table.

Don't worry, I'm at the hospital with the pup's. Scott is fine, but he broke his arm while fighting off a guy with no mouth, who killed a wendigo at the hospital. Be back soon, you don't need to come, love you.

Derek

I stared at the note for a good five minutes. "What?!" I asked the piece of paper, but it didn't answer me. Quickly I stood up and pulled some clothes on. Derek maybe didn't think I was needed there, but I wanted to know, what the hell was going on.

I noticed that my dad wasn't at home either, because the police cruiser wasn't in the driveway. He probably was at the hospital, too.

When I arrived at my destination, I noticed, that my dad was indeed at the hospital. As fast as I could (without running)  I made my way to my dad, who was standing near the nurse station, talking with Melissa, Lydia and Jackson. "Stiles." Lydia was the first to notice me and thankfully she didn't called me mum in front of my dad and Melissa. "Hey, Guys. Derek left me a message, but can you please explain it to me again! I mean a guy with no mouth? Is he a hunter?" "We don't know, yet, but probably." Melissa explained. "He didn't just kill the boy. Before that he also killed his family - his parents and brother. They all seemed to be wendigos." My dad told me. "Is the guy dead?" But dad just shook his head at my question. "We have no idea where he is." Melissa explained. "Where is Derek?" "On the roof with the others." I nodded at Lydia and we both went up with the elevator.

On the drive up, I told her: "As soon as we get home, we are gonna find this key for your code. I don't believe that this is a coincident. A family of supernatural gets killed and the banshee wrote down a code." "But how are we gonna find the key." I shrugged. "You're the banshee, you're gonna find out." "Stiles, I can't just switch  this on and off." Lydia started to pick at the end of her dress. So I laid an arm around her shoulder and gave her a side hug. "Don't think about it too much. You can do it, I know that." I had the feeling Lydia wanted to say something else, but the elevator doors opened and we went out on the roof.

All the pup's and Derek were standing on the roof. It didn't really seem like they were doing anything. "Are you guys busy? We can come back some other time?" I sassed at the pack., but Derek just smiled and came to hug me. "Hey, Stiles." "My dad already told me everything." I informed. "Well, we are searching for his scent now." Scott informed me back, while I was quickly checking him out for injuries, until Boyd spoke and pointed in the direction of Beacon Hills High. "I think I have it. It goes into that direction." "We should follow it now. Scott already injured him and he's human, I can do that alone." Derek decided, but I raised my eyebrow at him. "Yeah, not gonna happen. You take my dad with you, so he can arrest them." "Good thought. I'm gonna get him, so we can hurry and get him." Derek responded and didn't seem to get what my problem with his plan was. Therefore when he  already started to walk to the stairs I caught his arm. Maybe I wasn't strong and couldn't really stop Derek from walking, but he got what I tried to do and stopped automatically. "Scott, Isaac, Jackson, Boyd, Erica, Malia, Allison and Kira, you are going with him." I called out. "But ..." Derek tried to interfere, but I hold a finger up to his face. "We are not taking any risk, if we don't have to, especially when I just got you back."  Actually I planned to be arguing further with Derek, but instead that Derek kissed me on the mouth. I was surprised, but it wasn't like I was complaining. "I Love you." Derek whispered. "Love you, too. Now go." I ordered and six werewolves, one Werecoyote, one Kitsune and one Hunter left the hospital roof, so it was just me, Lydia and Liam. Just then I realised, that Liam was clenching his fist. "Why didn't you send me with them?" "You're still not in full control of yourself - No risks." Liam didn't seem convinced by that and his eyes glowed for a moment, but I just rolled my eyes. He just wants to feel included, because he is the youngest member of the pack and also hasn't had his power for a long time, like the others. "So that means you are coming with me and Lydia to decode the code from Lydia's notes." Liam looked a little bit happier after I said that.