[twelve]

"Tyler, I'm really not that good..." I say.
"Oh my god stop! I know you're good, Josh! Stop denying it!" He yells at me. "Sorry," he mumbles.
"It's okay."
"I'll record some songs and when you go home, you practice, okay? I know you can think of something."
"I'll try, but what if it's no good?" I ask.
"Then you'll try harder." He says.
I shrug. "Ok, ok." I agree.
He looks over at his clock. "It's seven o'clock." He points out.
"Didn't realize." I said sarcastically.
"Shut up."
"What do you wanna do?" I ask.
He pats his stomach. "I'm hungryyyy." He whines. "I'm going to make cereal. Come with?" He asks.
I follow him downstairs. His kitchen is big. He goes to the pantry to decide what cereal he wants.
I hear him mumbling to himself. "Fruit loops, or Cheerios?" He asks himself. He decides to have Cheerios.
"Want anything?" He asks me.
"Huh? Oh um, sure. What do you have?"
"Take a look." He points to the open pantry.
I walk over and decide to have fruit loops, which would be Tyler's second choice.
I set it down in front of him.
"Where's bowls? Spoons? Milk?" I ask.
"Bowls," he points to an open drawer, full with plastic, paper, and glass bowls. I pick up a plastic one.
"Spoons," he points to the dishwasher. I open it while it's still going and water gets all over me.
"Nice going, Josh." He laughs at me. He ends up crying because of how "amusing" it was. I grab a spoon.
"Help me clean this up, please." I ask him. He nods, still giggling, and gets towels to soak up the water.
"And milk?" I ask. All I wanted was some damn cereal.
"Right here." He hands it to me. "Try not to spill it on yourself! We wouldn't want your clothes wet!" He laughs.
I pour my milk and put the cap on before putting it in the fridge. I sit next to Tyler, who's rapidly messaging someone on kik.
My phone buzzes once. Immediately after, it buzzes three more times. And keeps. Buzzing.
"Calm down Tyler." I say.
I unlock my phone and open kik. A group chat is buzzing insanely, with people I don't even know.