[sixteen]

I was holding Josh's hand as I walked through Pete and Patrick's door. I could feel him shaking but I rubbed circles around the back of his hand to soothe him.
"Hey, Tyler!" Patrick smiled wide at me, and then he looked over at Josh. "You must be spookyjim."
"That I am." Josh smiles.
"Pete! Brendon! Tyler and Josh are here!" Patrick yells.
"Oh, hi!" Pete says to both of us. Besides him is already a very drunk Brendon.
"Hi Tyler. Hi spooky." His words were slurred together and I look at Pete. He nods because he knows this is going to be a long night with Brendon.
"Dallon and Ryan aren't coming till later, so let's all get a drink." Pete suggests. "Not you, though, Brendon."
"Peteeeee," he complained.
"No, not till later." Patrick stated.
Brendon stomped away angrily.
Me and Josh walk over to where all the drinks and snacks were. We both took a couple shots and by the time we were finished, Brendon started complaining again.
"I'm thirstyyyy." He complained.
Patrick set a water bottle in front of him. He glared at it, but eventually gave in.
Pete looked between me and Josh. "So...are you two...a thing?" He asked.
Josh blushed but I squeezed his hand. "No, not yet."
Patrick jumped in. "But you guys are perfect for each other!"
"We just met, like, 3 weeks ago." I said.
"Well, that seems long enough to me. Just marry each other already!" Pete says.
"I agree!" Brendon yells behind us.
"When the time is right, we'll see if w-"
A knock at the door interrupted me.
"Dallon!" I can hear Pete say.
"And me." I hear Ryan say. I hear a bunch of laughter and I grab Josh's hand and take him somewhere quiet.
"Josh, you know if those questions make you uncomfortable you can say something ..."
"No, it's okay, Tyler. They just want the best for us. It's fine." He reassured me.
"Oh, well, in that case..." I grab the back of his neck and pull him close so that our foreheads are touching. "Do you mind?" I ask.
"Not at all." He smiles and so do I. I lean in and our lips connect.
It's everything I hoped for. Soft, warm, perfect. I'm kissing Josh Dun. The boy of my dreams. Spooky. It's spooky how this turned out. Meeting on a messaging app, now he's in my friends house and we're kissing in their hallway.
I pull back and he smiles, his eyes still closed.
"Josh Dun, will you be my boyfriend?"