Acceptance (Chapter 25)

Quote: "Sometimes, the right answers are the wrong choices. "

Ever have that feeling when your brain feels absolutely like a pile of mush?

After that fight, I collapsed. It was not nearly as tiring as Order, but it was like comparing being hit by a car and a train. I woke up inside a tent. It was the medical area. I slowly got up and noticed my clothing. I was still shirtless, and my pants had several cuts and tears. I was definitely stronger. Zoë tattoo on my shoulder was now golden, rather than its original onyx black color. It probably means I unlocked its true power. Usually I would be hesitant to receive new powers, but knowing this came from Zoë means a lot to me. My SPQR tattoo is also visible, I might have to visit the camp after I beat Gration and Python.

I walk out of the camp and yelp. Every Huntress and Artemis were outside talking, and when I walked out, I was attacked by 64 teenage girls who all jumped ontop of me, making a huge pile.

"Ah! What is happening?" I say as I was being squished.

The hunters started to laugh and Artemis walked up and smiled at me, making me puzzled.

"Whats with the creepy smile? " I ask.

Artemis rolls her eyes, and Thalia gets out from under the pile, and the girls slowly get off me. Too slowly. It didn't hurt, but I swear someone in that pile wore more perfume than Aphrodite, and thats saying something.

"Do you even know what you did?" Said Thalia.

"You defeated Heracles, using STRENGTH. You punched the guy who could break mountains with his hands!" Exclaimed someone in the crowd.

"Oh."

The crowd facepalms.

I stand up from the crowd, quickly summoning a shirt on my body to 'hide'.

"That was awkward. " I comment.

"Too awkward." Artemis inquires.

The crowd actually congratulates me, Heracles was heavily despised by the Hunters, and Artemis had some history with him. The older hunters had grudging respect for me, and the younger hunters had a look of admiration.

After about an hour of talking, the hunters headed to do their daily chores, and I started to walk, but was stopped by Artemis.

"Perseus, you have done something unimaginable. I don't know if you acknowledge what you did. You beat Heracles, the pure image that me and my hunters hate, but he was too powerful than any of us. You helped us, and fought him even though you were despised by us. The girls won't say it, but they accept you as part of the Hunt." She smiled.

"Uh, Thanks, I guess." I replied, slightly blushing.

"You have proven that you are a worthy male capable of using my blessing since Orion. With my blessing, you will be much more aware of your surroundings, and have unmached stealth. You also will be recognized as an ally of the Hunt." She informs me.

I hesitate to accept. "That would be nice, but do I have to?" I groaned.

She gave a smirk. "Yes. You were actually supposed to get it when you were first made guardian, but the girls and I were skeptical, but you have already shown you are worthy. You are not selfish, you protected us, you helped us you never tried to harm or take advantage of us. Do not let these qualities change, you are the only male I trust, and if you ever change that, you will regret it."

"Okay, but can I be the guardian without the blessing?" I ask.

"No."

"Dang it, fine." I grumble.