Chapter 1

I walked out of the car with my belongings in my hand. Manchester's Home for Girl. I didn't belong here. I had a family, but they just so happened to not be alive at this moment.

The social services agent escorted me into the building. An elder looking lady talked to the man before glancing towards me with a stern look. "Follow me".

I did as I was told and walked through the scary hallway of this building. Even the girls here looked intimidating. I sighed. This was life now. It felt like just one big nightmare that I would eventually wake up from, but I needed to accept that it was real.

"This is your room" the lady said with a scratchy voice and walked away. I took a deep breathe as I walked into my new room. A girl with long brown hair and hazel eyes sat on one bed with headphones in. When she saw me she took her headphones out.

"Hey! I'm guessing your my new roomie! I'm Sasha!" She smiled. Thank god I got a nice roommate.

I shyly smiled "Hey, I'm Hayley"

"How did you end up in here?" She questioned.

"My family died in a car crash"

"No, how did you get here" she asked with a concerned look.

"I don't understand..."

"Look" she said while pointing to some girls in the hall "Those girls are all big trouble. Literally everyone here is trouble. This place should be called Manchester's Home for Troubled Girls"

"This is literally the first place they sent me" I said with a confused looks.

"Oh, so your one of us!" She smiled

"One of what?"

"The girls who don't need to be here, but there was no where else and so here we are!" She said like its a good thing.

"I just want a home"

"Don't we all" she sighed.

I started unpacking my stuff into drawers. Obviously I was going to be here a while so I might as well make the most of it.

"Oh yeah and by the way... Laptops, phones, and other electronics except for crappy old iPods are not allowed so I suggest hiding them"

I smiled "Thanks". I had one bag full of electronics and I was definitely not going to give them up.

When I was done unpacking I laid down on my new bed, which by the way is terribly uncomfortable. I looked around and noticed that the room was poorly decorated. Beige walls, no pictures, and nothing but dressers and beds. What did I ever do to deserve this?

I heard a bell ring and I jumped.
I looked towards Sasha in confusion. "The bell rings and it means a meal. Two bells means to meet in the living room for a group discussion". I heard the vexatious bell ring again and walked out of the room with Sasha leading me.

When I walked in girls looked at me and whispered to each other. I was the center of attention and I hated it.

"Just ignore them" Sasha smiled while grabbing two plates and sitting down. I looked at the food and it was absolutely repugnant. She knew exactly what I was thinking and laughed "Don't worry you'll eventually get used to it".

I decided to pass on eating. I'd rather starve then eat that grossly charbroiled piece of animal flesh. I don't care if people thought that I thought I was too good for the food. Honestly I wasn't. I just didn't want to get sick. That's the last thing I needed.

When we got back to our room and I quickly looked through my phone and went to bed. It was the hardest thing to sleep because the girls were making a ton of noise and being really obnoxious. I decided to do something so I got up and went over there.

"Can you guys shut up?" I asked while crossing my arms.

"Awe can you not sleep?" One girl asked with puppy eyes.

"No I can't thank you very much" I said with my head high.

They just laughed "Get used to it".

I got infuriated and clenched my fists. They just got closer. I felt myself shrink to the size of a pebble. They were tougher than me no matter how much I tried. I closed my eyes and dreaded for the excruciating impact they were throwing my way and trust me...it was pernicious.

I walked back to my room with tears filled in my eyes. I wasn't going to last here at all. Not with these girls. Sasha was already fast asleep, God knows how. I sighed as I tried to fall asleep and eventually my somnolence took over and allowed me to sleep.

-

When I woke up it was still dark. I snuck out my phone and glanced at the time. 3:24 am. Well I guess I was still jet lagged from the plane over here.

I sighed as I looked through my apps. My friends haven't even texted me since I went on vacation. Go figure. I heard a noise in the hall and quickly hid my phone. I let a sigh of relief when I saw it was just Sasha. I didn't even notice she was gone.

"What are you doing up?" I questioned.

"This is the time when people can actually watch movies or any tv. We take advantage of it" she reciprocated.

I nodded in understanding as I laid back down. Maybe this was life as I knew it. Sneaking around to watch movies and skipping meals because they were too gross to actually eat. This isn't how life should be lived, but maybe it was the way I was forced to live.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What up my fabulous readers? Ok so I know what your going to say! "Omg your already writing 3 other books!" Yes I know and I am the worst updater in the universe, but I am just so excited to write this book so I did and I hope you guys enjoy reading it as much as i enjoyed writing it! (Totally didn't base the character off of me *nervous laughter*)
Tell me what you guys think in the comments and vote if you like it!

-Hayley