Chapter 9

I looked around at the scene. It was beautiful even though nothing was there, but a dock. All the boats were vacant and dark, but it was still amazing.

"What are we doing here?" I asked, ruining the moment.

"Follow me," he smiled while grabbing my wrist and taking me to the end of the boats. "Sit," he commanded like I was a dog. I did as he told and sat at the end, my feet wading through the cold water.

"Again, what are we doing here?"

He shrugged, "I don't know I guess I just come her often and it kind of is just my place where I can be alone."

"Then why did you bring me here if you like this as a secret?" I wondered while playing with my blonde split ends.

"Every secret has at least one other person who knows," he explained, "You're a strange girl to figure out you know? You seem like you have a lot of secrets. You know most of my secrets so eventually over time I want to know yours."

I snorted, "Good luck with that."

"It'll take all the time in the, but in the end I want to figure you out," he smiled while throwing a rock into the water.

"You don't want to do that," I shrugged.

"And why not?"

"Because you'll figure me out and you'll want to leave. I've had a pretty bad past and it's something you don't want to know about."

"Whatever happened in the past I don't care about. I don't care about anything, but what's going on right now because that's the only relevant thing to take into consideration," he explained while staring up at the moon.

"It's funny how you're smarter than most adult are," I laughed, receiving a smile in return.

We sat in comfortable silence for a long time before I felt his arm slip around my waist. My heart stopped and I didn't know what to do. Should I lean on him? Should I just stay here? Before I could finish my thoughts I felt myself being trapped by cold water.

"What the hell Luke?!" I shouted, shivering at the freezing contact. Luke just laughed and helped me out of the water, but I just pulled him in with me.

"Okay I deserved that," he laughed while brushing his wet hair out of his face. The moonlight glowed on his face perfectly and I felt like I was about to wake up from some crazy dream.

"Luke?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you like me?"

"Of course," he smiled. What he did next shocked me. He kissed me.

He kissed me.

I felt as if my whole entire world was being turned upside down and I wasn't complaining. This was my first kiss ever and it was so much more than I would've ever imagined.

"Okay you're just staring at me is that good or bad?" He questioned nervously.

"G-Good," I croaked. It was almost as if my ability to speak was fading. I started shivering after I realized that we were still in the water. Everything that happened distracted me from the nearly freezing water, but it was all coming back now. My teeth started chattering and I felt myself want to sleep.

Luke got out of the water and pulled me up with him. I was still freezing and Luke noticed this so he held in his arms. This felt like a dream and it most likely was. I was going to just wake up and be stuck back with my old family, but at the end of the day it was real life. Life was good, very good, but somehow I knew it was just going to get messed up. My life can never go right and that's just facts.

I quickly glanced at the time. I needed to get home.

"If my dad's ask why I'm soaked what am I supposed to say?" I laughed.

"Just tell them a giant llama came and pushed you into a lake," he shrugged. I laughed.

"Yeah they would believe that."

"They would! Come on let's get you home," he laughed while putting his arm around me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm honestly laughing so hard because the main character is based off of me and Luke is Luke Hemmings so basically this is a fanfiction for myself.

Also GUYS THERES LIKE 245 VIEWS OMG TYSM

~Hayley