comatose

Over a year ago, a member of Zayn's gang broke into Harry's house and shot me. 

All I remember is Harry in my ear, telling me that he was going to get me help. And the pain.

I remember the pain being white hot and unbearable, how I felt like I was dying.

But now, as I lay on the floor of my foyer, actually dying, I laugh out loud, "I got fucking shot! Again!" A man steps over me and all I see is a ring with a black band and a large diamond on his pinkie.

"Harry, my boy! Longtime no see."

"No!"

There's a commotion going on behind me, I can hear the scuffling of shoes against the hardwood floors and the sound of fists hitting skin.

"Zoelie!" 

Someone's screaming, I can't tell who. But all I can do is laugh. 

Gingerly, I touch my head and when I pull back, blood stains my hands.

Then, I pass out.

/ / 

"Keep the wound covered..." 

BEEP

"Careful..."

BEEP

"Possibly frontal lobe damage..."

BEEP

"She's damn lucky..."

BEEP

"Medically induced coma..."

BEEP

I'm falling. For an infinite amount of time I feel like I'm grasping onto nothingness. Blackness surrounds me as I fall, as if I'd jumped. One day, I saw him. He was right in front of me. Then, I hit the ground. 

My eyes are pried open and a bright line shines in them, causing me to grimace and shut the light out.

"Zoelie..." A voice beyond the light calls to me but I don't want to wake up just yet.

I try to turn my head, trying to escape the light but someone holds my head still and my eyes are once again opened.

Slowly, I become more aware of my surroundings.

A doctor stands over me, two heads can be seen over his shoulder. 

"Oh my god, Zoelie." One of the heads push forward, and I vaguely remember the girl it's attached to. Dark brown hair frames a heart shaped face that's lined with worry.

The other head belongs to a guy, but I can't remember who.

I stare at them blankly, unsure of how to react.

"Ahem," A doctor clears his throat, causing the girl to shuffle to the side, allowing him to approach me.

"Zoelie, you've gone through a very traumatic experience. We were able to operate and remove the bullet but for now we'd like to keep you in the hospital overnight for examining. You were very lucky to survive." He flips open a folder, reading over the details, "You've suffered slight memory loss due to the anesthesia, but your memory should return to normal."

"How long until we can take her home?" The other man steps forward, his jaw tight.

"Not for another week," The doctor responds, giving him a pointed look. "She needs to be 100% stable before she can go. But for now she should rest." 

Turning towards me, the doctor smiles, "If you need anything, call the nurse."

With a touch to my knee, he turns and walks out, softly shutting the door behind him.