the "i" in lie pt 2

vee's P.O.V

after we ate breakfast i went to change into one of patrick's shirts and my jeans from yesterday.

"i guess i should go home now." i told patrick.

okay, well i'll call you soon. patrick said with a slight smile.

i grabbed my car keys and started out the door until patrick stopped me.

"vee.. i know you don't feel the same, but i still love you. and i was stupid to let you go. i'll always love you."

i didn't know what to say. what do i tell the guy that i love with all my heart that i don't trust him. of course i want to be with him again, but i can't suffer if he breaks my heart again..

patrick, i just want us to be friends. i said while running to my car... i got into my car and started the engine. patrick was still standing by the door. he looked so sad. i can't stand seeing him like that... i drove off to my house. i felt a tear fall down my cheek. "what did i just do?" i said to myself. "is he still wanting to be friends?" "or does he just hate me know?'

i pulled in my driveway. of course matt's car wasn't there... i went inside and changed. i noticed matt's clothes wasn't in the closet. nothing of his was there.. everything was gone. which i guess i'm glad. i mean, he cheated on me.