Chapter 7: A Ghost, A Witch, and A Talking Griffon

Everything was so blurry.

Why was everything so blurry?

With each passing step towards the entrance of his home, Idos felt like he was going to trip on his own feet. His boots suddenly felt like they were squeezing his feet, and gosh, his right amputee throbbed in painful heat. His head was quaking, and his throat felt like it was drier than the Flare. What was happening to him?

Idos finally was able to walk into the hall, with the help of the wall, only for him to quickly snatch the railing of the stairs. He scanned them, and he knew there was no possible way for him to walk down these steps without him tripping and breaking his neck. He carefully sat at the edge of the top stair before sliding down, thunder seemingly cracking in his spine with every thump.

"Master Idos!" Charles finally noticed his lord on his last breath. With Idos' permission, the butler gently brought him to his feet where Idos just went limp, crashing back into Charle's arms.

"I-I need to get o-out--" Idos could see his mother through the windows. Her back was to him, and it was clear that she was waiting for Idos to finally arrive by her side. Bella stood next to her with her arms across her chest. It was all too blurry from there, but his vision kept littering his eyesight with black specs where the two women were.

Every time he would blink, those very black specs began to encase them until their appearances were finally not their own.

Why . . . Why did Bella have horns?

I really am going insane, Idos thought to himself. Charles laid him down onto the floor until he beckoned a maid over. Her eyes widened in some foreign recognition when Charles rested the back of his hand on Idos' forehead. The butler nodded towards the maid before grabbing a familiar ruby hilt dagger in his hand.

Hell, Idos was too out of it to realize what was going on. He saw the flashes of unnatural orange eyes sweep across the maid's Irises. It was like water to the lord, dripping into his mouth and down his chin. He didn't even care for the taste nor did he care for much of the distress the maid was experiencing. He only felt his body begin to cool down once it slid down his throat.

Idos couldn't even conclude that what he was drinking wasn't even water, it was thicker than that.

"You're dismissed," Charles said sternly. The maid nodded her head before running off. The butler sighed before resting his master's head in his lap, "You are going to be alright, Master Idos. Wait a moment for it to kick in."

Idos was hyper aware. He could feel this liquid drip down his throat only for it to jumpstart him. It was like he was waking from a nightmare. He jumped from Charles's lap with his breathing heavy and his eyes wide. He ran his hand through his hair before slowly getting to his feet. He noticed his head was as heavy and his legs weren't as wobbly. He lifted his fingers to his lips to wipe whatever trailed down his chin.

Blood.

It was blood.

"I trust you that you can trust in my judgment, Master Idos," Charles sighed before getting to his feet and wiping off the imaginary dust off his penny coat, "Please be careful. Not everyone is who you think they are."

Charles walked off with no words left. Idos' dagger lay on the ground, obvious that the maid had cut herself to heal him. It wasn't the normal red coloring blood usually had, no, it was more of a purplish tone. He squeezed it in his hand before staring at it. If this stopped the pounding in his body to a mere ache, then . . .

Idos ran his tongue along both sides of the blade. It had no taste, but it made a difference to his posture. He was able to finally walk straight without wobbling over into a mess. Idos sucked in a deep breath as he realized that Charles most likely knew what was happening to him.