Chapter 8: Cancer's Dark History

"Please come in. We have much to discuss today as the final tests start in a couple weeks," Professor Poppy, Idos' Fae professor, announced to the arriving students. Idos was already there being there almost a half hour early. He had sat in the back where no one seemed to ever want to join him. That's okay, though. Today, the last thing he needed was social interaction with none other than these dimwitted, bribed-my-way-to-the-top, snobby rich children.

Professor Poppy was one the rare fae that was born much larger than the usual foot tall race. She was easily two times that size and was the height of normal, human child. Her wings would often spaz behind her back without realizing it, but the blue shine made up for it. Her hair was a lighter blue than her wings, and her eyes held this bright yellow hue to them. It was unnatural for humans, of course, but common for the fae folk.

"We have important business to take care of. Come on! Come on! I rather not waste time waiting for you all to take a seat." See, Professor Poppy was the history teacher at Idos' college. This class was the most Idos looked forward too, because who wouldn't be interested in such interesting history? Because of his interest, it was easy to take his mind of his own problems by listening to others throughout history itself.

That's when he noticed that she wasn't alone at the front. A man stood next to the podium in a black cloak. His face was ridden with designs all over his face, and even his lips were inked with black. His head was shaved on both sides of his face except on top where his black set of hair was lined with wavy yet controllable locks. His hands were behind his back, and the cloak hid the rest of the marks that trailed down his neck and mostly down his chest. The clear sign of Cancer's sigil was forever tattooed into his neck.

Huh, interesting, Idos thought to himself as he brought out his notebook. His fingers trailed across the shadow tome, but he decided not to get that out. That would only result in him finding himself in trouble.

"Now, at the beginning of May, we started to talk about in depth of each god. I know you all remember how we pinpointed that our Moon Goddess, Luna, was created before mankind even existed. We only started to discover her and her wonderful likes and magic almost six hundred years ago. The Lunar Pact, her written history of everything, has shown that she has lived for thousands of years, only to be proved real once she was giving birth to her sons, the first stars in the sky." Professor Poppy grabbed her glasses off the podium.

Yes, history was fascinating, to say the least. Idos has read books beyond books about this subject, hence why he succeeded on any of the tests his professor threw at him. He has even gone as far as read Libra's first tome he wrote all by himself, with the help of people who could actually see.

"Now, we've talked about all the brothers. More in depth with some, and even one we haven't stepped into just yet. You see, I was waiting for the perfect time to present this topic because my good friend here is a follower of his. Today, we will be talking about Cancer. I realize this is a touchy subject for some, but I want you to listen to me today and tell me by the end of class that you aren't so judgmental on this poor god. After all, he is the God of Acceptance." Professor Poppy turned his stare over to the man who was patiently waiting beside her, "I would like to present you Lokki, a member of The Order of Dusk, a living and devoted follower of Cancer."

The man, Lokki, replaced his position with Professor Poppy, and Idos couldn't take his eyes off him. He finally pulled his cloak by to reveal that he was right, more beautiful designs inked his chest and arms. He only wore black leather pants and sandals, but that didn't stop him from looking like he could snap your neck in a matter of seconds.

"Thank you, Poppy. It's a wonderous idea to be able to speak in front of these students to inform them on the god I swore myself to at the age of eleven." Lokki had this playful glint to him, but his tone was serious, "Now, is there any questions before I help your professor here with your next lesson?"