Contests!

Hi! I'm Naomi.

This book will be filled with writing contests, updated weekly. I'll announce the winners, and there will be several prizes, but of course the glory of winning and knowing your writing is good is often enough, I will still be offering prizes.

The Rules
There aren't many;

1. No porn. (Like you can have your character say You wanna stay over tonight?" In a sexy voice or even write we had sex. But I don't want a chapter devoted to describing a sex scene in great detail.) If you don't know what porn is, DON'T GOOGLE IT!

2. With regards to swearing, I don't mind if you swear in your books, but please don't punctuate every sentence with it.you won't be disqualified or anything, but I may find your story less appealing to read and distasteful. Personally, I don't swear, but people around me do so I'm used to it so don't worry - I won't judge you.

3. The judges decision is final, please don't complain or try to change my mind, or you may be banned from further contests. Oh, and no bribery or blackmail.

4. It's about the writing not the winning, so go out there, do your best and most importantly have fun!!!

Time Zones

I live in the UK, and lots of wattpad users have different timezones to me, which may confuse things when it comes to deadlines. So, on each contest's page, I'll say the deadline in a few different timezones. If yours isn't there, comment and I'll add yours to the page and to future pages. (Although in case I don't see the comment right away, it may be wise to look it up, but comment or pm me anyway so I can put it on future contests.)

Formatting

For these contests, you need a book specifically for them, but say you enter both the first and second contests, as long as their in different chapters that's fine. Use the hashtag I tell you to use so I can easily find it. If I vote for your story that means I've seen it. If I haven't voted after 24 hours of uploading, tell me because I may have skipped over you story by mistake.

Judging

I'm an experienced writer so know what to look out for. I'll be looking out for:

Grammar - so make sure you check it.
Descriptive writing - writing without detail, can be very bland, but if you feel the need to do it to keep it fast paced, go ahead.
Character development - Really help me understand your characters.

Lots of other things too.

Prizes

Prizes will include: Likes, Comments, Follows, Views, Shout-Outs, A title award and the opportunity to be a guest judge on a contest. There will be prizes for first, second and third place, but I man commend other stories.

Banning and Disqualification

I can ban you from the contest for spamming, use of porn and disagreeing with the judge(s.) Sometimes it will just be for that contest, in other cases it may be a full ban from all of my contests. However, this is unlikely, and I will give you a fair warning when you've overstepped the marker, but will be forced to take action if it continues. Please don't label me as patronising, I hate being patronised, believe me. I'm just trying to make some ground rules so it's fair on everyone.

Copyrights

The story is yours, you can do what you like with it, I will never post an extract without credit, and you can enter it for any other contests. It can already be written for another purpose at any time. I will be making another book in which I will put the winning entries so people can access them easily. If you don't want to be included in this, just tell me at the start of your contest entry.

Thanks for reading, see you soon in the contests.

Naomi xxx