Catnaps In Chairs.

Starting parenthood is never easy.

That is what Berwald likes to tell himself when every time his new son starts to cry in the most random times in day and night.

He knew it wasn't going to be easy; far from it actually. The amount of times Tino and him spent reading parent books and attending lessons on how to take care of infants- just to be prepared for their new adopted boy.

But no matter how many times Berwald assures himself that when dear sweet Peter cries in the middle of night, or right when the sun is still up, he can never get away this feeling of grief. This feeling comes to him when he can't calm his child down, when he can't understand what's making his child cry; all the Swedish man can do is tell himself that's it's all apart of parenthood.

It's been about three weeks of having Peter in the house; adaptation of the need to take care of another human being slowly changing the two males who own the household. Yet despite how Tino's and Berwald's new son is adjusting to his starting life- Peter still ends up in tears over things out of his parents control.

It was again that when Peter started to cry after supper that Berwald's anxious emotions began to rise again. He was almost at his son's side when Tino swooped in, grabbing his blubbering infant from his spot on the floor.

"I'll take care of Peter," Tino spoke lightly and adjusted the boy in his arms. "You just finish up with cleaning the dishes and head for bed. Don't worry about us."

Knowing better to argue, Berwald set out to do what his husband asked him to do. Cleaning the plates and dressing himself for bed; while all the wile the sounds of wailing grew death to his ears. Though the pit in his stomach never failed to haunt him as he failed once more to calm his child down.

When Berwald had finish his duties for the night he headed over to the nursery that would house Peter until the time the family or him moves out. As he drew near, he noted how the sounds of any child or adult never came past the wooden door; but he set those thoughts aside as he entered the room to properly great his family.

Berwald stopped midway through entering when a sight reflected back to his wired frames. His dear husband had rocked both himself and their son to sleep on their old rocking chair that had received; light breathes came from Peter's mouth as Tino held hims secure in his arms.

A smiled graced the usually neutral face Berwald has, and laughing to himself, lightly closed the door. He made his way back into his room where he then promised to attend to both of them in a few minutes.

But not before reading off a few chapters in his parenting book.