Ch 12-Challenge Accepted!

After classes I visited Barry. He seemed a little I don't know jealous. Was it because I kissed Remus's cheek? I knew he fancied me!

I had problems with the golden egg. I was losing patience. I went to see Barty.

"What's wrong Barty?" I asked him.

"Nothing is wrong, let's just get your training done,"

Maybe, I am wrong.

"Oh, and Ariana the egg you could only hear under water."

"Thanks Barry!" I hugged him.

He hugged me back and he relaxed slightly.

I then left to grab my egg. I found out the clue. But have no idea what would be taken from me.

The yule ball was coming up and I had to be a lead dancer. But who would I go with?

Harry asked Cho and she said no. Then he asked Ginny but she was going with Neville. Then he asked one of the Patel sisters and she said yes.

Ron asked the other. But he asked Hermione. But Hermione was going with Krum. Then Ron told her he was just using here.

Fred asked Angelina. I will go ask George.

"Hey George!"

"Yes?"

"Will you go to the Yule Ball with me?"

"Of course! I was just going to ask you he said handing me a yellow rose."

"Great!" I hugged him.

"I hope you know how to dance Ari,"

"I do, hope you can keep up," I say sticking my tongue at him.

"Oh, I will."

"Till then?"

"See you there."

----

I put on my dress. It was strapless and blue as my eyes. My hair fell in curls. I was ready. Maybe I can get a dance in with Remus. I blushed thinking about him. Then my thought flew to Barty. I shook my head.

I stepped down the stairs. "Thanks George for doing this," I say to him.

"No problem Ari, by the way you look Marvelous,"

"Thank you, you too."

I stepped into the hall, the music was playing. I saw Remus there, I smiled at him. He looked tense. But smiled when he saw me.

He held out a rose and tucked it behind my ear.

"Thank you George for escorting my date."

"You are welcome, just allow me to have a dance later with her." George said with a smile.

I raised an eyebrow.

"I asked Dumbledore he said it was fine." Remus explained.

"May the Champions and their dates please make it to the dance floor?"

We started dancing and later everyone joined.

"You aren't worried that you're dancing with someone who looks to be your daughter."

"No I should have done this long ago." He said smiling at me.

I glimpsed at Hermione who looked stunning, and Harry was a handsome  younger James.

I met Remus's eyes and smiled. We danced. I didn't care the stares I was getting from some students or teachers. I saw Moody/Barty look upset and he left.

After our dance I hugged Remus, and kissed him on the cheek and went outside for a while.

"You should be inside," said Barty's voice.

I still looked out when I answered, "Someone could see you,"

"They won't,"

I turned, "How can you be so sure?"

"I just don't care anymore, I just don't know what to do."

"What do you mean?"

"I felt feelings for you when I saw you the first time in that cell, I couldn't see you get hurt. I felt something deep in me, that I haven't felt since I was a child. You're the reason why I started feeling bad about what I did as a Death Eater. Then I was in Azkaban, growing crazy. I got this twitch thing, and it started to go away because you are here." He said holding my hands.

"Barty-"

"Ariana Dumbledore, I'm in love with you."

I take my hands away from him.

I don't know what to think.

Barty is nice and all and fairly good looking but Remus.

I don't know what to do or to think.

Barty pulled me into a kiss. I pulled away, he looked hurt.

"Barty, I need time to think about this."

"Okay I understand,"

"Thank you," I said walking to the punch bowl. I drank it and I decided right there and then about my feelings.

I danced once with Neville, George, Harry, and with Krum.

Remus walked up to me, "Ari, I have missed you so much. I really want the spell to be reversed. Can you believe we are half way to it?"

"I want the spell reversed too, and I can't believe it."

"Will you marry me when you turn back?"

I coughed. "Rem, I need time to think about this."

"That's why I told you now," he said sheepishly.

I hugged him. "I love you Rem,"

He kissed my cheek, "Love you too Ari,"

----

Author's Note

Vote and Comment

Ari with Barty or Remus? Decisions, decisions.

{2016}

Oh lawd. The feels.
Kinda awkward to be a thirty or so woman in a fourteen year old body and having two grown men professing there love to you.

But such is love.

So cutesy.

-Sapeda ^~^