Chapter 1

This started as a one-shot for the amazing story Parents in Training so is, of course, dedicated to its author _coachella

And... it won! This is now a short story following Parents in Training.

(Thanks for reading! Luv y'all! And hope you enjoy xxx)

"He told me I had a nice ass before he knew it was me! You can't blame him for that! It's when I almost got my first kiss twice in one night from two different guys-"

Why is my mom giggling? Is she flirting with my dad? Hello - you're already married - you don't need to flirt! You can't do that when you're like 43.

"Ahem," I fake-coughed, stepping into the room and seeing them hurriedly untangle themselves.

"Oh, hey Tori!"

"Um, aren't you supposed to be in bed?" Dad asked and that earned him an elbow in the ribs from Mom. I rolled my eyes, deciding to ignore my parents' childish behaviour.

"You went to Europe for your honeymoon, didn't you?"

"Just Paris, to be precise," Mom gave a little frown as she spoke. Whenever I talk about Europe she brushes it off - which makes no sense considering all I know about her past there. Which I guess means I don't know enough.

It always seems like my parents have a load of secrets. I never even noticed until a year or two ago and it's only becoming more apparent as I get older. But hey, I'm a nosy kid, they can't keep much from me any longer.

"I wanna go to England," I said thoughtfully as I searched the room. Not that I'm actually looking for anything. Just an excuse to have been eavesdropping on my parents.

"Why?"

"Oh, well, the Prada-Gucci's-"

"No Hun, it's Gucci-Prada's a- oh my gosh! She calls them that too!" Mom turned excitedly to Dad and he just grinned, focusing his attention on his beloved daughter. That's me, if you hadn't caught up. It's still me if you had caught up though, I guess.

"Yeah, well, them. They have all these photoshoot things and they're boasting about it so I thought it'd be nice to go to the place where my parents fell in love!"

"What?" Mom narrowed her eyes at me.

"What what?" I asked stupidly.

Oh, that's right. I don't know they fell in love there. Oops. Still, it was pretty stupid of Mom to leave an impressionable young child with Kate for a week when she went off on some book tour. Kate's kid, Ronny, is like 28 now and this was only a few years ago so it was just me, Kate, Jonah and their Frankie, my age. They thought it might be a good idea to make us bond so they jumped at the idea of taking care of their best friends' eleven year old kid. I learnt a hell of a lot about my parents' background in that week.

"Pssht, you're the one who left me with Kate for a week," I scoffed. "Anyway it's romantic tradition. Every kid goes to the place where their parents fell in love."

"I never did."

"Nor me, in fact I don't know anyone who has."

Oh sure, just gang up on me; my own parents.

"Can I just go to Europe? Please?" I begged, dismissing their comments.

"I suppose... Gabe's in Spain, we could let her...?"

"No!" Dad and I chorused. As much as I love Uncle Gabe I don't know how I'd survive a holiday in that palace. No, I want to see the Eiffel Tower in Paris, the London Eye in... London.