Chapter 13

"Wait, you really want to get your mother involved?"

"I don't want to get either of you involved," I pointed out as I sat alone on my bed, speaking quietly into the phone.

"But she can't do it without you plus my mom is still strutting the stuff she doesn't have at her fashion shoot so you're all we've got."

"Go away!" I moaned, flapping my hand at Alex. His parents had got 'held up' at Mable's fashion shoot and so hadn't been able to come on any of the trip. Alex would have had it that they didn't come either way: trust me he would never have his parents hanging around with us lot.

"Can't have my parents hanging around my beautiful little Tori and ruining my chances," he said, voicing my thoughts. Except I hadn't been thinking the beautiful little Tori part.

"What chances?" I grumbled, annoyed at him for interuppting. I've come to admit that although we have Griffin's creepy pyschic skills, Liam's sensible explanations, Alex's logical assumptions and Livi's crazy plans (yeah, sorry Frankie), they are still not enough. We have nothing to go on and all the other's bet this could go much better if I would just seek a little advice off my parents.

"I still think we should go back to France," Frankie muttered somewhere in the background.

"Tori's never gonna let us go without taking her."

Ha, why would I? I mean these guys are cool and I guess I have got a lot closer to them here but they're not cool enough for Frankie and Livi to leave me with the two freaks who both now have a weird amount of tension around me and each other. Lord knows why and anyway, don't they both have girlfriends back home? There's going to be trouble when we get back and guess who's bound to get dragged in. I really never asked for a part in their drama - I just got them all involved in mine.

"Hey, we're up to three stars," I hissed into the phone. "It's not like you need to come up here - just tell me where to go next."

"Wait, wait, you got the necklace? Or the book?"

"Yeah the necklace and both books. The three we've got were me speaking to your first child-"

He tried to cut in there but I carried on, speaking harshly. I don't want to hear what he has to say about that.

"-Livi getting some action," I glanced over at the others standing just outside the door and saw Livi's expression contort into shock, and then disgrace. It was quite funny actually. She turned on Frankie and slapped him.

"You told her?!" she raged.

"Hey, hey," he stepped away from her, "it wasn't hard for her to work out, hell she's got that damn book!"

I laughed as I watched them argue, but kind of affectionately. Their arguing is always kind-natured (sort of) but this is different, cuter. I could never have thought that would look so right between them.

"Oh, but I never found out what the third is," I frowned, remembering Livi finding the second star back in the French hotel bathroom. I'd never investigated any further.

"Griffin, could I have the book?" I asked. He just looked at me and everyone else looked at him.

"Well I don't have it," he shrugged.

I stared, "Well I don't." I hadn't needed it to work out about Livi and Frankie.

"Huh, now we definitely have to go back," Liam said not very helpfully.

"Are you kidding me?" I asked, slapping my hand to my forehead. Wow, can't do anything right.

"So, are you sure you don't need our help?" Dad laughed down the phone. He must have heard the majority of our conversation and realised we're just a little bit screwed. Screwed like how I wish certain people would- you know what? Let's not go there.