Chapter 28

It had been a few weeks since the explosion and we still haven't talked about that day. Ryder and I haven't brought up the words that I almost spoke, it's like we just brush it under the rug. Both of us are just afraid to say the words, but I can tell one of us wants to say it.

We have gotten a lot closer since we got back from Italy. We would go to our weekly premarital counseling sessions with Father Paul as planned. I haven't seen that walking d!ck sucker around lately. We were making great progress.Ryder has gotten very good at wooing me. He has taken me out on so many dates that I lost count past a point. Sending me flowers on days when I was feeling blue because of my hormones. He was really trying and I wanted to as well.

Which is why I came up with a compromise of me spending two nights out of the week at Ryder's house to make him feel better. Most of my stuff was here so it made things a lot easier for me.

Stepping out of the shower I could feel the music blasting through the floor. Getting dressed, I exited the bathroom and walked down a long hallway to the living room. Looking out of the large window, I would normally feel sad on a gloomy day like this, but the view was too amazing.

Going to the fridge I grab a bottle of water and head to the elevator. Pushing the button, the little light next to the elevator goes off, and I glance up at the camera knowing one of Ryder's henchmen are watching my every move, and that in my opinion is a little creepy. After I look away the light goes off.

Hearing the elevator move, and then the ding, I was about to step inside when Ryder stepped out. "I thought you would still be asleep." He wipes the sweat off of his face with a towel. Sweat dripped down his shirtless chest and I had to bite my lip to keep from moaning.

"I can't sleep when you're not there," He gave me a cocky grin and I shook my head. "Don't get an ego. You're like my pregnancy pillow when I leave it at my place." I hand him the bottle of water and he kisses me. "I heard the music and figured I would join you down there."

Going to the kitchen he swatted my behind with his towel. "You know you wouldn't have a problem with the pillow thing, if you just lived here full time."

"Eww, gross, don't be that guy," I snort. Opening one of the cupboards, I pull out marshmallows and graham crackers.

Making my way to the drawer that Ryder keeps the sweets in, I spot two photos on the fridge. One of Ryder and I on our third date, he took me to a fundraiser. The paparazzi took the perfect photo of us and the other picture was the ultrasound of the baby.

I wanted to cry, it was the picture of my first sonogram, he did keep the picture. I thought he just threw it away. Opening up the drawer I knew exactly what I wanted to eat. I just hope I hadn't eaten it all last time I was here. Sitting there were three chocolate bars, I almost jumped in excitement. S'mores!

Walking back into the living room with a handful of stuff. I knew that I had seen a fireplace around here somewhere. Right next to one of the windows was a small cozy corner with a black plush rug and a fireplace in front of it.

"Hey can you turn this on," I asked sitting down.

Pulling out some marshmallows, all I needed was something to put it on. Grabbing a remote Ryder turned it on as I tried to find a stick. Looking around there was nothing near, I looked at the fireplace again and saw a fire poker. I took it and placed my marshmallows on them. With the fire going I stuck the poker inside of the fire.

"What are you doing?"

"Just making some s'mores. You know the baby wanted them." Turning my head slightly I gave him a coy smile.

"The baby wanted them," he said, not believing me. "Why are you putting the marshmallows in the fire?"

"Well I wanted to make authentic S'mores and you have the perfect thing to do that." Nodding my head towards the fireplace I pulled the poker out and blew on the marshmallows. I put the ingredients together and bit into it. Moaning, I opened my eyes as some of the marshmallow oozed out of the graham crackers.