Sneek Peek

A/N: Hi guys, so I know most of you aren't happy with the previous chapter. But here's a little excerpt from book 2 : Evading Darkness.

Excerpt

"I don't know who you think you are—" Manuevering his arm he forcefully knocks the knife from my grasp and incapacitate me by locking my arms in between us as I am once again pulled unnecessarily close to his body.

"Call off your guard dog sweetheart. I'm not the enemy here." He gestures over to Angel who was no longer at the bar, but making his way to the middle of the room where we were.

Giving a slight shake of my head, Angel paused, his jaw clenched as he waited for further instructions. "Good girl, we wouldn't want this deal to go south now would we. Mrs. Radcliffe would be so disappointed."

"So that's who sent you? You're the contact." I breathed out as he released me. His hand returns to my lower back as he guides me towards the back of the room.

"Think of me as the gatekeeper," he smirks as he opens a door leading into a dark room. Eyeing him dubiously, I enter the room, the only sound is the click of my heels. But I soon realized I wasn't the only one in the room.

Sitting on the couch, hands tied in front and an apple in his mouth was Max. His eyes held fear as he grunted behind the apple. Motioning for me to turn around.

Sitting on a grand throne like chair was Ryder, gun resting in left hand on the arm of the chair and River on his lap gurgling and reaching for it.

"Hello, tesoro. Why don't you take a seat? Let's have a little chat."