chapter 13

Black Butterfly

TheRealGonZoldyck

Chapter 13

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text

The next morning arrives with a slight throbbing at the back of Killua's skull, mocking him for having one too many beers. He wakes up slowly and winces as a sliver of early morning sunlight hits him square in the face.

I'm never drinking again, he thinks, too exhausted to close the blinds the rest of the way. Thank god he'd made it back to his bed somehow; at this rate, he's never leaving it.

He sighs with a soft moan and turns onto his side-and is abruptly pressed against a solid wall of a warm body.

Killua sucks in a breath, one eye opening. Gon is fast asleep with his face buried in Killua's spare pillow, his hair all tousled and matted and his lips barely parted. His eyelashes are a dark, delicate sweep over his faintly pink cheeks, his bruise from the fight on Thursday starting to fade.

The night before comes back to Killua in bits and pieces-Shalnark's house, a darkened hallway, Gon pushing Killua into a wall as he mouths at his neck, the two of them tumbling into Palm's car and laughing as she rolls her eyes at them in the rear view mirror...

He remembers unlocking the front door as quietly as possible, Gon whispering, "Maybe I should carry you upstairs," and Killua saying, "Shut the fuck up," before dissolving back into giggles as he punched Gon's shoulder. They had tiptoed up to his room, and as Killua stripped down to his boxers without a second thought, Gon had slid up behind him and nuzzled his neck.

"Thanks," he'd murmured.

Killua had shivered and tried to laugh it off. "Here," he replied, grabbing a random pair of track shorts off the floor and tossing them at Gon. "Probably too small, but they're clean. Mostly."

Gon held them in his hand for a second, biting his lip, and then wriggled out of his own ruined boxers. Killua had had enough sense to turn away as he'd changed; the room was beginning to spin, and he'd concentrated on getting cleaned up and falling into bed. His brain had been too overloaded to think about Gon standing naked in the middle of his bedroom, his sticky boxers in a heap on the carpet from having come thirty minutes earlier-because of Killua.

He'd crawled into bed facing the wall, but when Gon had climbed in after him and asked, "This okay?" in a quiet, slurred voice that sounded a little shy, Killua grinned.

"Yeah, s'fine," he said. "Everyone knows I sleep in on Saturdays. You're good."

Gon sighed like a huge weight had been lifted from his shoulders. "Thank you," he said against Killua's cheek.

And Killua had turned his head at the last minute and let their mouths connect in a soft, quick kiss, not because he'd wanted it, but because it just worked out that way. "You're welcome," he whispered against Gon's lips, and even in the dark he could've sworn Gon had closed his eyes and smiled.

It had all seemed perfectly natural, like they'd always spent their Friday nights stumbling drunk into Killua's room and crawling into bed together.

But now, with brash light streaming in to slap Killua in the face, it all looked a lot different from the sober end of things. He shifts slightly, painfully aware that Gon is naked save for Killua's shorts as their legs slide together. Killua is shirtless as well; it's almost too hot under the covers, combined with Gon's heat, and the back of his hand rests low against Gon's bare chest. He can feel the steady rise and fall of Gon's breathing.