2. Hold Me Down

"My demons are begging me to open up my mouth."
"Saying that I want more this is what I live for."
-
Eliza
"What are you doing? Get out of my house!" I yell at Carl. He just smirks at me.
"Answer me. Why do you let Ron push you around?" He says, taking a few steps closer, entering my room.
For some reason I wanted to tell him. Let him know my secrets. But that's dangerous. To let another get into your mind.
"Come outside the walls with me." Carl says. I look up at him in shock.
"No and plus lights out is in ten minutes you need to get home." I say, looking at my watch.
Carl picked up my wrist and turns the small metal knob on the side of my watch to make it say it was a half hour earlier.
"The worst thing that can happen is that we'll get caught." He whispers. I look out the window and bite my lip.
"Fine."
-
I grip onto the sleeve of my hoodie. I look at Carl whos walking in front of me. Dressed for the kill. I look him up and down carefully. Hoping he doesn't turn around.
I hear leaves rustle in the wind and snap my head in that direction.
"We shouldn't be out here." I say quietly but quickly.
"I know. That's the point."
My eyes widen at him. Not sure who I've gotten myself involved with.
I gulp and look behind me. We're too far from Alexandria for me to go back alone.
I grip onto my knife in my left hand.
"Let's stop here." Carl says. I look at the log he's now sitting on and nod. I place myself next to him. Crossing my legs and leaning my head back against the tree behind us.
"So...why do you let Ron hurt you? Out of all people. Ron Anderson?" Carl asks.
"He used to be an angel." I mumble, not daring to look at Carl.
"But now he's the opposite."
I lick my lips and stare at the night time sky.
"I gave myself to him. And he treated me like a god before but now it feels like he's got me up against a wall." I say, shifting my weight slightly.
"He's holding you down Eliza."
I look at him then look at the forest floor.  I never thought I'd believe a word Carl Grimes spoke but I guess I was wrong.
"Why did I do this?" I mumble.
"Do what?"
"Be Ron Anderson's trophy wife. Let him treat me like the way that he does. And why did I sneak out of my home with you? I don't even know you. I definitely don't trust you." My words spill out faster than I can comprehend.
"I have a feeling you know." He says.
"What?"
"I think you know damn well why you've done all those things." He says seriously.
"It's chaotic." I reply.
"It's self destruction."
"It's what I live for." I say, snapping my head towards him.
Carl just raises an eyebrow at me then he starts to smile. I squint my eyes in confusion.
"Follow me." Carl says, standing up and holding his hand out. I hesitantly took it, I know this is wrong.
I can't do this to Ron.
But maybe I can.
Ron is a horrible person.
Little did I know that Carl was worse, and I wanted him anyway.
-
Next chapter will be longer