4. Is There Somewhere; part 1

Carl
I approach Eliza's house that had the number 93 written on the door.
I look down at her and she seems scared.
"Are you really that terrified of Ron?" I ask.
"Yeah....Ron." She says, not looking at me.
Eliza pulls her key out of her pocket and unlocks the door.
She looks at me with her bright blue eyes.
I smirk at them a little, at the damage they seem to have hidden behind them.
She pushes the door open and walks inside, me following behind her.
I walk behind her up the steps, pulling out a pack of cigarettes and lighting one.
"Can I have one?" Eliza asks, not turning around. I assume she smells the smoke. I pull the cigarette out of my mouth and hand it to her.
We soon reach her room, she lets out a relieved breath once she doesn't see Ron.
I look around her room, her bed has clean white sheets on them and the room is lit up by a large window.
I watch her steps as she sits on her bed, smoothing her hand over the cloth. She looks up and smiles at me. A crooked smile.
"You can sit if you want."
I walk over and sit next to her.
"Isn't it strange?" She asks.
"What?"
"That this is the end. Of the world. There's nothing more."
I laugh and she looks at me with concerned eyes.
"What are you laughing at?" She asks.
"This is right where it begins darling." I say, moving her hair behind her ear.
"Huh?" She asks softly, her eyes locked on mine as I begin to lean in.
"Eliza!" I hear someone shouting from downstairs and the door slamming.
"You need to go." Eliza says, grabbing my arm and pushing open the window.
I step out of it but grab her hand.
"Eliza...is there somewhere you can meet me?" I ask quickly. Her eyes widen as footsteps come down the hallway.
"Meet me by the back gate at sundown." She says, shaking her hand away from me and shutting the window.
I drop to the ground and I soon hear Ron's shouts from above.
I bite my lip as I hear her apologizing.
I shove me hands in my pockets and walk on the sidewalk to the home I should call mine.
But it's not a home, it's a house.
I've never had a home.
I've had a building with a roof, but not somewhere where I felt safe and loved.
Until I met her.
Eliza.
I've always fallen in love too quickly. It's a toxic habit.
Falling in love with Eliza is a suicide mission but I've never been one that plays it safe.
I pull out my cigarette pack and sigh.
"Stupid addiction." I mutter.
I bring the lit paper to my mouth.
I still remember the first time smoking one. It started off all in good fun.
Imagining it would be a one time affair, oh how ignorant I was at thirteen.
It's funny how lollipops turn to cigarettes and quick kisses turn to sex in what seems like a blink of an eye.
I snap out of my thought when I feel a drop of rain hit my neck. I look up and see dark clouds.
I sigh.
"It's like the sun never shines in Alexandria." I mumble to myself.
...
Eliza
"I'm sorry, I didn't hear you come in." I lie to Ron.
"I was fucking screaming what the hell do you mean you didn't hear me?" Ron shouts.
I bite my lip to keep it from quivering. I blink my eyes a few times, pushing the tears back.
Carl wouldn't treat me like this.
His words ring in my head like wedding bells as Ron's booming words fade off.
"Why do you let Ron treat you like that?"
I look up at Ron who hasn't stopped bickering at me.
"Why do I let you treat me this way?" I mumble. Ron stops speaking.
"What the hell do you mean?"
My eyes widen as I realize he heard me.
He shoves me down and gets on top of me, straddling my stomach.
He pins my wrists on the ground by my head.
"Eliza, you're never going to get rid of me. You're too weak. Who else would you have? Without me there's no you." He says without breaking eye contact.
"No, you're wrong. I'd be fine without you." I say, shaking my head.
"Then fucking prove it." Ron says, getting off me and exiting my room.
I hear the front door slam shut and I sigh.
I hear thunder roar from outside my window as I soon see the sky start crying with me.