Part 5

Chapter 5

Her head slammed back onto the mat, bouncing from the force, she winced when she finally settled on the ground.  Rolling to the side, she narrowly missed the heel that would have slammed into her face.

“Enough.”

She looked towards Zeke and shook her head.  “I can take it.”

“Enough.”

“No,” she mumbled, jumping to her feet.  “I’m going to do this.”

He let out a sigh but did not say another word as she faced her sparing opponent once more.  The white haired woman, who Charlie now knew as Amaya, held her hand out.  Charlie shook the woman’s hand before getting into a fighting position.

“Ready?” Amaya asked.

Charlie nodded her head, before remembering the woman couldn’t see.  Freezing, she opened her mouth to answer, but before she could, she was slammed into the ground again.

“Do not get distracted,” Zeke called out. 

Jumping to her feet, she glared at the woman.  Amaya’s leg snapped out, and Charlie waited for it to get closer to her body.  She grabbed the woman’s leg before using Amaya’s momentum to fling her across the room.  As she hit the padded wall, Charlie ran towards her.  “I am so sor-”

Her words were cut off as Amaya swept her feet from underneath her.  Charlie laid there, Amaya’s elbow in her throat and groaned.

“Do not assume your opponent is out for the count.”

She glared at Zeke.  If she knew training would be like this, she probably would have been out for the count herself.  Amaya rolled off her and jumped to her feet.  The woman bounced in place as if she could not wait for another fight.  She froze though, her held tilting to the side before she glanced at Zeke.  “Ally’s coming.”

“Remember?” he asked, his eyes darting towards the door.

Amaya nodded while Charlie lay there in confusion.  The door opened, and before Charlie even knew what was happening, Amaya lunged at Ally.  She heard the Queen let out a sigh and seconds later, she had Amaya pinned to the ground with her foot.

“Good enough,” Zeke said with a shrug, “but I think your choking her.”

“Good enough?” Ally asked with a laugh.  “What was good enough about that?”

“You forgot your other two opponents.”

“Did I?” she asked with a smile before shaking her head.  “I came here to ask a favor.  I need my second to go out on the field.  There is a little riot group that needs handling before it becomes too bad, take care of it.”

Lifting her foot from Amaya’s neck, she never gave them her back as she left the room.  Amaya let out a gasp, bringing their attention to her.  She held her throat before glancing in Zeke’s direction.  “She had two knives.”

“She wasn’t holding them when she left,” Charlie mumbled from the ground.

Zeke turned towards her, his eyes widening slightly.  “If she cut any of your hair, I’m sure she’s sorry.”

“What do you mean?” she asked turning towards him.  What she saw stopped her cold.  Right at the tip of her nose, the knife stood straight up in the ground.  “She’s crazy.”

“No,” Zeke said with a sigh, “she’s ruthless when it comes to fighting.”  

He walked straight out, barely moving from the position he was once in.  As he stepped from the wall, she looked at the knife and had to smile.  It was right where Zeke had been standing, right in the opening between the man’s legs.  “That was a close one,” Charlie said with a laugh, while pulling her knife from the ground.

“She was telling me to back off,” Zeke mumbled as he walked toward her.  Standing above her, he held his hand out for her to take.  “Come on; I’ll help you up.”

Grabbing his hand, she let him pull her to her feet, but as soon as she stood on her own, he let her go.  She glanced down at the ground and groaned when she saw a few strands of hair sitting there.  “Why is she telling you to back off?” she asked, hoping to keep her mind from the fact that the woman had cut her hair off.

“I worry too much, and I do not live my own life.”

“Your words?”

He shook his head.  “Hers.”

“You have a right to worry,” Charlie defended.  “She’s your Queen, and she will always be in danger.”

Zeke sighed.  “She can take care of herself, sometimes, but I’m worried.  She’s been training with Barron.”

“Do you think that is wise?” Amaya asked from behind Zeke.

He turned slightly in her direction before shrugging.  “It could, but Barron knows things that I sometimes think are better left unknown.”

“Maybe,” Charlie mumbled, “you should tell her that.”

He shook his head.  “The only one she will actually listen to is Sebastian, and he sees no problem with it.”

“Zeke,” Amaya called out towards the door, “if we are done here?”

“No,” he said.  “I need to speak to you about a matter.”

“It’ll have to wait,” Amaya said with an apologetic expression.  “Blake needs me.”

Zeke sent her a shooing motion, and Amaya immediately darted out the door. 

“You’re leaving?” Charlie asked, feeling foolish as her last word broke slightly.  Okay, she was being a coward, but there was no way she wanted to stay in this house.  The people here were beyond her realm of tough.  She hated fighting.  If the fact that she was a buffer didn’t clue people in, all they had to do was look at her people.  They were all better at solving a situation instead of fighting over it.

“Yes,” Zeke said with a nod, “but you’re coming with me.”

***Short, but I plan on uploading again tomorrow, or maybe today...***