Chapter 9

Chapter 9

I stepped into the office to see Mr.Wolf, once again, yelling on the phone. Remembering how he was last time, I remained silent and sat down at my desk. I waited for him to hang up, but it took him a whole thirty minutes to stop screaming on the phone at someone. Once he did finally hang up, he stood there, glaring at his desk.

"Uh, Mr. Wolf, may I ask, what's wrong?" I asked, curious.

He sighed and ran his hand through his dark hair, "Nothing. Just family bullcrap with my older sister."

"Margaret?" I frowned.

He nodded, "She wants me to go on a double date with her in a few weeks, but I refuse to."

"Why? I mean, she's your sister, it can't be that bad."

"It wouldn't be if she didn't have a fiance and my mother didn't push for me to date someone."

"Are you...gay?"

He stared at me with wide eyes, "No! I am not gay!"

I chuckled, "Well, then, why not explore women? I'm sure you'll find someone."

"The only woman I ever had feelings for didn't have them for me. Instead, we remained friends until college."

"I was going to say Hayden...but you're still friends."

"God no, Hayden is like a sister to me. No, it was that nerdy girl, Cynthia." he mumbled.

"Oh...what happened to her anyway?"

"She ended up marrying that football guy in college, they moved to California many years ago." he shrugged. "I don't have feelings for her anymore though, not after she acted like a bitch."

"Worse than me?"

"Way worse."

I smiled, "Well, I guess I have some competition."

He raised an eyebrow before laughing, "Well, we should start heading to the conference room. Get this over with."

I grabbed my things before following him down to the conference room, when we stepped in, I immediately spotted Brandon. He hadn't noticed me yet, he was talking with some other business man. I tried my hardest to stay hidden behind Mr. Wolf, he gave me a confused look before glancing at Brandon. Understanding filled his eyes as he made sure Brandon couldn't see me.

We all took our seats as the meeting began, putting me in plain sight for Brandon. He easily found me, a sadistic grin was on his face before turned his attention to my boss. For two hours, the meeting went on and I had filled three pages up with notes. It was boring to say the least, but I was still interested in how an actual meeting goes.

Mr. Wolf ended up making a deal with three men, not including Brandon, thank god. As they shook hands and talked, I stood beside Mr. Wolf, glancing at my ex. I started to feel dizzy as I stood there, I pinched the bridge of my nose, willing the dizzy spell to go away. However, it stayed for a few more minutes, making me sick to my stomach.

"Um, excuse me, Mr. Wolf?" I voiced.

He sighed, "One minute, Miss. Haze."

I clenched my jaw as I began to sway a bit, I should have had breakfast this morning. I swallowed and gently poked his shoulder. He gave me an irritated look before ignoring me again. I clasped my hands together, trying to stay on my own two feet. I nervously looked around as the nausea got worse. I took a shaky breath, I bit my lip before trying to gain his attention again.

"For fuck's sake, what the hell do you want? Can't you see I'm talking? What are you, five?" Mr. Wolf snarled.

I gulped, "I-I'm sorry, Mr. Wolf. I-I just feel sick and w-wanted to ask if-

"If you feel sick, then go home. I don't want you puking in my office, now, fuck off." he hissed.

I quickly scurried out of the room, not noticing Brandon exiting behind me. I made my way to the parking garage, relieved that I had managed to get a parking spot here. This always happens, when I skip a few meals, I start feeling sick and dizzy. I sighed, I guess it doesn't help that I hadn't had any water since yesterday morning.

I grabbed my keys and was about to unlock my car when someone suddenly yanked me by my hair. I winced and let out a yelp before I made eye contact with Brandon. His eyes were dark with anger as he slammed my head onto my car, causing me to tumble to the ground.

"Like I told you, you still need your punishment." he chuckled darkly.

I was pulled up by my hair, unshed tears burned my eyes as I struggled to break free from his grasp. He slammed me against my car again, but this time, he kicked me in the stomach when I fell. After a few more kicks, he grabbed my keys and forced me to get in the car. He then hopped into my passenger seat and smirked.

"Drive to your apartment, you make one sound or move to get help, I'll make sure you regret it. I could easily tell your father where you live now." he threatened.

My heart was racing as I started up my car and sped out of the garage, gripping the steering wheel as if my life depended on it. As I drove down the road, I had fleeting thoughts of crashing the car. I then shook the thoughts from my head, that would backfire on me, big time. When I finally reached my apartment building, I parked my car and got out.

Brandon followed me to my apartment, the second we walked in, he slammed the door shut and shoved me to the ground. He then pinned me down, laughing as I struggled to break free. Punch after punch was delivered onto my face and stomach, I tried fighting him, but he easily overpowered me. He suddenly got up and grabbed me by the throat, tears rolled down my cheeks as he slammed my face against the wall.

"What did I tell you about fighting back, huh? The beating will get worse, Avalon." he snarled. "Don't think, just because we are no longer a couple, that I'll leave you alone. You're mine."

I screamed as he threw me against the shelf, causing multiple glass items to fall on me. I tried getting to my door, but he quickly pulled me down by my hair. He started punching me again, in the face, the stomach, and the ribs. He then pinned me on the couch, the sound of his pants being undone reached my ears. Realization dawned on me as I started to fight him again.

He glared at me in annoyance and slapped me, I was stunned by the slap, but only for a few seconds. I tried kicking him, this time, I managed to kick him in the balls. He groaned as he rolled off of me, giving me the chance to run. I snatched my phone from the floor and opened my door. I was halfway down the hall before he grabbed me again. He covered my mouth as I attempted to scream, silencing me. He locked my door before pinning me to the ground. I looked up, only to see his fist coming right at me. Before I knew it, my world went black.