Chapter 11

Chapter 11

I thought over what Monica said and shook my head, anger spread through me like a wildfire. "That's a shame." I said bitterly.

Monica frowned, but I could tell she understood my anger, for the same anger was shining in her eyes. "You need to find a new job, I can find you one."

I bit my lip, I was more than happy to leave Liam's company, I could escape all the bullying there. I have applied to three companies, but none of them called back, which was a huge disappointment on my part. I released a breath and nodded, giving her permission to go job searching for me. She grinned and took out her phone, mumbling about her friend owning the cafe that I got Liam's hot chocolate at.

"Hey, Val!" she beamed.

"I have a friend who being bullied by her boss and fellow employees, could she have a job with you?"

"Great! She's really good at making the perfect coffees and hot chocolates. Yes, she can cook as well. Thank you!"

She hung up and smiled, "You start next Monday."

I sighed in relief, "Thanks Monica."

"Welcome, but you do know you have to work two weeks at Liam's before-

"Unless I quit the second I walk in and storm out. He doesn't deserve to have any courtesy from me, he can go searching for a personal assistant again." I mumbled.

She nodded, she sighed as she looked at the time. "My shit starts in an hour, so, I have to start heading home. But I'll come visit you tomorrow."

"Did the doctor tell you when I'm allowed to leave?" I asked.

"He wants you to stay until Saturday, your ribs are broken and you may have a bruised lung." she explained.

Well, that explains why it's hard to breathe. After she left I sighed and leaned back against my pillows, staring up at the ceiling. My thoughts drifted to last night when Liam had worried over me. It doesn't make sense, he can't just go from hating me to suddenly liking me. I haven't done anything to 'redeem' myself and I certainly haven't been easy to work with. I highly doubt Liam is a forgiving person, not only that, but he's immature. He could have moved on like Hayden, accept the fact that I was a bully in high school, but I've changed. I feel horrible for what I did, but he refused to let me apologize. He wants an explanation that I can't give, I don't know how to explain it to him.

For the rest of the day I laid in the hospital bed, silently fuming over Liam. He had tried visiting me, but I had immediately told the nurse that Liam Wolf is not allowed to see me, but I did tell them to tell him thank you for helping me. He deserves that at least. My heart had skipped a beat when they handed me the flowers he bought for me, along with a card. I frowned as I set the flowers on the small nightstand beside my bed, I then stared at the card. I sighed as I opened it up and started reading.

"Dear Avalon,

I'm sorry for what I have done, it was wrong and immature of me to do. I want you to know that you aren't an ugly person, you're beautiful on the inside and out. If you quit, I can understand and won't blame you. After all, I was the cause of this, I shoved you away instead of making sure you had reached your home safely. Everything I said was a lie, I wanted you to feel what I had felt, but you were already feeling worse. I know this won't make up for what I've done, but I hope we can work through this eventually. Besides Hayden, you were one of my closest friends in middle school. I sort of miss having you as a friend and torturing me with your corny jokes. You don't have to give me a two week's notice, you can just not show up when you're out of the hospital. If you don't show up after three days, I'll send you your last pay check and then be on my way. I hope you get the future you have always wanted, you deserve it.

I'm so sorry,

Liam Wolf."

I stared at the card in shock, I placed it on the nightstand and sighed, I still couldn't forgive him though. Of course I won't do what he did and hate him, but I certainly won't talk to him. I laid against my pillows, wincing as the pain medication started to wear off.

Why does my life have to be filled with so much drama?

When Saturday rolled around, I was relieved to be escaping that hospital feel. For those four days I only had one visitor. Liam hadn't texted me, sent me anything, nor has he called me. I admit, it did bother me a bit, but I was the one pushing him away. However, I had to, I can't handle one more negative thing in my life.

Walking into my apartment I frowned at my clothes sprawled all over the place. I bit my lip, at least Monica cleaned up the blood stains. I shook my head, my eyes found my couch, I immediately glared at it. I closed my door before grabbing my laptop and sitting at my kitchen table. It only took me thirty minutes to find the couch I wanted, I checked my balance and grinned when I saw I had enough. Once that was done, I was careful as I cleaned up my clothes. I released a pained breath as my rib protested against my movements, maybe cleaning can wait a few weeks. I frowned, or I could ask Monic to come over and clean my apartment for me. I owe this girl a lot.

I made my way to my room, sighing as the pain dulled a bit. When I turned on my bedroom light, I gasped. Sitting on my bed was a small black case that was opened, inside of it was a beautiful golden necklace with my birthstone it. I slowly walked over and picked up the card.

"I swear, I'm not stalking your apartment or breaking in. I had Monica put this here, I know you wouldn't want me stepping into your home. I remember you have always wanted a necklace like this and how I told you that I would get it for you when I had the money. Now, I have the money and now I finally fulfilled your one wish. I'm not doing this for your forgiveness either, I literally saw that you had signed my yearbook in eighth grade, reminding me about my promise. As you know, I was never one to break promises. Especially to you. But I did break many, didn't I?

Get well soon,

Liam Wolf.

P.S: I promise, this is the last time you'll hear from me."

I wiped away the tears and sat down on my bed, my eyes fixed on the beautiful necklace. I smiled a little, I do remember that one day. It was in sixth grade, I had an old picture of my mother who had the same type of necklace. I was lucky to have the same birthstone as her, it reminds me of her. Of course her necklace was buried with her, but that never stopped me from wanting one as well. Growing up, I have always loved matching my jewelry with my mother's. My father would always buy us the same bracelet or necklace, earrings were the only jewelry I hated.

I got up and placed the small box on my shelf, knowing I would need help to put it on. I took off my jacket and crawled into my bed. I smiled as I glanced at the necklace once more, now, this is something I really need to thank him for.