Chapter 3

""Get that gun away from me pshyco!"

*BANG* "

The words echoed in my head. I woke up, sweaty, scared, and sad... "It was just a nightmare Max, it's okay..." I managed to whisper to myself before bursting out in tears. I sat there crying for what felt like ages. I grabbed my phone, when I saw my lockscreen, which was a photo of me and Chloe, I almost cried again, but I managed to hold back the tears. It was 2Am and I coulnd't sleep, the last memories of Chloe, which were the ones of her getting shot, kept ghosting around in my head. I got up and put some clothes on, I decided to go to the lighthouse because the sea always calmed me down.

When I walked up to the lighthouse, I suddenly heard someone softly singing. The words this person was singing were so familiar...

'Goodbye to the roses on your street'

'Goodbye to the paintings on your wall'

'Goodbye to the children we'll never meet'

'And the ones we left behind'

When i came closer i could recognise the voice of the person's as Rachel's voice. She sat there staring at the stars just singing this beautiful song.

"And the ones we left behind"

I sang with her. She looked around, suprised. "Oh, hey.." she whispered.  "Mind if I join you?" I asked to her. Rachel smiled at me and patted a spot in the grass next to her. "Santa Monica Dream, that's a beautiful song.." I said to her. A tear tolled down her cheek. "Yeah, it was our song, Chloe and My song, it was our dream to go to LA" Rachel looked at me. I put an arm around her. She put her head on my shoulder, and I bit my lip, trying not to cry. "But hey, do you know how Chloe called you?" I asked Rachel. She looked up at me, her cheeks wet from tears. "She called you 'My angel', because you were there when i wasn't..." I spotted a small smile on Rachel's face. "Really?" she asked me. I nodded. Rachel looked up at the stars again and smiled, it was the most beautiful smile I had ever seen. Rachel turned her head back to me. "Hey, wanna be best friends?" she asked me. I chuckled "Me? b-but why me? you have so many awesome friends!" Rachel just smiled at me. "I dunno, I guess I just kind of like you more?" She said and snuggled up closer to me. "Yeah, best friends...." I said and she grabbed my hand. We kept looking at the stars, it was like, for some reason, when Rachel asked me to become best friends, the sky got much clearer and much more stars could be seen. I looked down at Rachel. She had peacefully fallen asleep on my shoulder. She looked so pretty, even if she was asleep. I don't know, maybe I kind of have feelings for a girl?