Chapter 3, An Unexpected Incident

Disclaimer: I do not own D Gray Man.

It was one peaceful night. The full moon was shining illuminatingly over the Black Order Kingdom, brightening the Kingdom with its faint moonlight. All the surroundings were quiet except for the castle where a ball was being held.

The ballroom was filled with many noble guests who was minding their own business; chatting with each other, and vice versa. Among the guests in the room was Lenalee, who had her arm hooked around Allen's as he led her along the room.

There was an awkward silence between the two since neither of them had uttered a word to each other.

"So... how's thing going on around you?" The young prince decided to start a conversation to get rid of the silence.

"Uh... Fine... I guess. What about you, Your Highness?" responded the teal-haired.

"Well, things tend to get out of control sometimes when I got into fights with my two friends..." said the snowy prince while grinning sheepishly. "Also, I always have to run away when my father and uncle try to set me up with some random ladies..."

Lenalee giggled a little. "I know. My brother has always mentioned about this in his letters. It seems troublesome."

"Yes, it does! I've told them many times that I don't want to, but they just... Urgh... Just by imagining this gives me headache..." He shivered as he rubbed his head slightly.

"But... I'm sure they just want the best for you, Your Highness. I don't think it's that bad." said the teal-haired with an innocent smile.

Allen stared at her and sighed. "You will know when you're in my place, Ms. Lee."

"You can call me Lenalee. I'm not quite used to people referring to me by my family name yet." The teal-haired told the prince.

The white-haired grinned at her. "Then, I would really appreciate it if you would also call me by my name, Lenalee."

"Eh? But, you're-" She was cut off with a finger tip on her lips.

"It doesn't matter. We used to call each other by our names when we first met. Who says that we can't right now?" He smiled.

The teal-haired's cheeks turned pink. 'H-He...' She was stunned for a few moments before gaining her consciousness.

"If you say so... Allen." She replied with a smile. The white-haired nodded in approval and satisfaction at this.

"See? Now that wasn't so hard, right?" The whit-haired pointed out with a small laugh. The teal-haired nodded and slightly giggled. Well, that brought back memories. They used to chat this way when they met.

Wait a minute! Used to? Lenalee glanced at the teen's cheerful face. No... It felt different. Why did she have this weird feeling that there was something more? What was it? She knew there was something different about him. But, she couldn't point out what it was. She was really frustrated by this.

Her thought was cut off when a man and a girl approached the two teens. She recognized the man as the Master of the Cosso family.

Allen gave the man a polite greeting. "Greetings, Mr. Cosso. Enjoying the party?"

"Very much, young prince. You did an amazing job back on the stage." praised the man.

"Thank you. Well, it's nothing compared to my uncle though."

The man glanced at the teal-haired beside the snowy prince. "And, who might this charming lady be?" he asked.

Lenalee could sense the curiousness in his voice, not about who she was, but about what she was to Allen. His glance made her felt uncomfortable and shivered slightly. Also, she could feel that both the man and the girl in front of them didn't really appreciate her presence beside Prince Walker, especially the girl.