Bucky's Gay (Slightly)

The smell of cotton candy, kennel corn, and dirt that kept being kicked beneath everyone's feet was beginning to make Steve more naseus than the rides themselves.

He hadn't wanted to go to Coney Island .

Not today, anyway.

He had just gotten over a cold and still shivered in the cold autumn air. All the dirt being kicked around constantly tickled his nose, and awakened his asthma.

He would've declined Bucky's offer, but Bucky complained how he had found a nice girl for Steve to spend time with while Bucky spent time with her friend.

Steve had rolled his eyes. Would Buck ever catch on that none of the girls he had set Steve up with would even give him a chance?

They would take One glance at his skinny, sickly body and turn away in disgust.

He wasn't desirable like Buck.

For the most part, it didn't bother him.

Maybe he was insecure about his size, but having a dame on his side wouldn't change it.

So he learned to cope with tagging along behind Bucky and two other girls, one which was usually supposed to be his date.

He did grow a little envious of one thing, however.

Steve yearned for someone to look at him the way all the dames looked at Bucky.

Nearly every dame Bucky took out stared at him like he was the world. Their eyes would be widened, filled with a mix of awe and wonder for Bucky's both charming personality and his incredible looks.

Steve had seen it too often.

Occasionally, he would see it in his own reflection.

So as Steve trailed behind Bucky and his date (Steve's own date had left hours ago, saying that she had to help out her 'sick aunt' ) he thought about how nice it would be to have someone cling to his arm like this girl does Bucky, or Just even to have someone grasp his hand so sweetly like Bucky always did with the dames.

Bucky had confessed once to him that he definitely didn't exactly enjoy all the dames he took out, but he always wanted them to feel special, and made sure he showed them a good time.

Steve smiled at the thought. At least Buck wasn't a heartbreaker.

His thoughts were interrupted as Bucky hollered for him, over at some scummy arcade game.

If you knocked down the milk bottles with a baseball, you would win a stuffed bear.

Steve couldn't help but to roll his eyes as he watched from his bench on the sidewalk while Bucky promised to his date to win her one.

He watched them talk, and Bucky handed a dollar bill to the game operator. He made a remark to Bucky that must not have pleased his date. Steve watched the girl's expression turn sour. Her hands flew up as she seemed to yell at Bucky, and Bucky halfheartedly defended himself.

She stomped off, leaving Bucky by himself, a dollar bill in his hands, ready to play the game.

Steve wandered over to him. "What was that about? "

Bucky let out a frustrated sigh. "The man who runs the game recognized me. Said I bring a different dame every week and pull the same scheme. Apparently she couldn't appreciate the fact that I was about to spend a whole dollar in her, even if I do happen to do it every week with a different gal. " He chuckled weekly as he handed the man behind the counter the dollar bill anyways.